Sunroof Repair

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 04:56 PM
KirkF
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sunroof Repair

This post is for the next person who repairs their sunroof on a 1989 Carerra 4

If your repair involves replacing the sunroof cables, its important to note that the 964 replacement cables won't fit without modification.

It appears that the 1989 carerra 4s used the earlier style guide tubes and hardware, and that they changed as of the 1990 model year.

For the cable, try and remove as much felt as possible, and you will have to carefully grind off a portion of the steel guide tab. (Careful not to remove too much)

These sunroofs are a pain to fix. I spent about 6 hours getting the whole assembly back together and working properly.

Kirk
Old 05-26-2010, 05:09 PM
R6XTERRA
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kirk, were you the one who bought the sok s/c from Dragan out of Toronto? If so, did you every get it working?

I went back and checked the original post, sorry to here about the things going on. Life gets in the way sometimes.

By the way, the motor looks amazing.

I am in the process of getting my protomotive turbo installed. I have ordered tons of stuff for the car including the hargett valve covers too. Painted flywheel and housing, powderocated intakes, painted tins etc.

Jeff
Old 05-26-2010, 06:20 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

+1 - sunroof repair is time consuming but not impossible.

For everyone's reference, Pelican has a good tech article. http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...oof_repair.htm

Quick Reply: Sunroof Repair