964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gauge Glass recoat

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 11:05 PM
morrisroad
Instructor

Location: Toronto, Canada,Planet Earth, Earth-Moon System, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Observable Universe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge Glass recoat

The far left fuel/oil level gauge glass on my car looks like its losing an anti glare coating. The glass looks clear where the coating looks to be intact and sort of not so clear where its seems to be gone. Anyone know if this is an antiglare coating on the glass or if there a way to refinish procedure that can be done. I was also wondering if anyone has just replaced the glass vs replacing the entire gauge. Thanks
Old 05-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Indycam
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think any of my gauges have any anti glare coating .
A few of the gauges have a two part "glass" .
The two parts separate sometimes .
I have thought of doing the gauges with photographic multicoated filters .
Old 05-24-2010, 12:24 AM
power_up
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by morrisroad
The far left fuel/oil level gauge glass on my car looks like its losing an anti glare coating. The glass looks clear where the coating looks to be intact and sort of not so clear where its seems to be gone. Anyone know if this is an antiglare coating on the glass or if there a way to refinish procedure that can be done. I was also wondering if anyone has just replaced the glass vs replacing the entire gauge. Thanks
My mechanic did replace the face with new glass but without any coating, just normal glass. That can save a lot instead of replace the whole gauge.

Quick Reply: Gauge Glass recoat