Sponsored by:

Anyone from Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 12:45 AM
army scope jockey
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone from Chicago

I am a physician working for the army in Germany. I am looking for a clean RS America and was wondering if any Rennlisters have any info regarding this dealership or this RS.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

http://windy-city-motorsports.ebizautos.com/

regards from the hospital on the forefront of the global war on terrorism.

MfG,
ASM
Old 05-14-2010, 01:09 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

One owner car! 100% stock, no track time, no scratches...only 60k miles. Not too much to worry about here?!

Except the price (not a criticism to you or RSA lovers)? I understand that's how the Porsche market works; limited addition cars are special regardless of the spec. Regardless, it's always nice to see cars in that kind of condition. That's a beauty.

There seems to be increasing demand for RSA in Europe? (Probably all excellent condition 964s really) That's very interesting... I understand RS are now priced in the stratosphere, but RSAs can command premium Euros in Europe also?
Old 05-15-2010, 02:37 AM
army scope jockey
Intermediate

Well with the euro being strong, a lot of Germans are importing US spec cars. Fortunately, the dollar has bounced back against the euro. If the trend continues, then I suspect the European reverse gray market will dry up.

For me, I have no issues importing a US spec car as we are exempt from crazy German taxes. The US army has their own TUV and plates. So for $30 a year for the plates and no road taxes is a good deal. The Germans would pay about 800 euros annually for a similar car. Ah, the joys of being a federal employee stationed in Germany with SOFA status.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:40 PM
Streetfighter
Rennlist Member

Let me know if you want me to take a look at it for you. I know Windy City, last I dealt with them they do not bargain on price. They have nice cars and do a decent amount of sales with the aircooled Porsches. Send me a PM and we can talk.

Quick Reply: Anyone from Chicago