Sponsored by:

New Owner - A/C, Speedometer Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 07:06 PM
92silver964
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BVF
Thanks Joey. So I will not be able to pressurize the cabin without the rear blower? Just to emphisize I want to be able to blow air on the front windshield to prevent fogging. I was caught in a downpour several days ago and the interior fogged up so badly I lost visibility. I can avoid this problem if I can regain the defrost function to blow outside air onto the windshield.
You won't get real defrost without AC (correct?). Better than no air at all though.

Sorry about my manners - welcome! Very nice looking car you have there.

Last edited by 92silver964; 04-24-2010 at 07:07 PM. Reason: forgot welcome
Old 04-24-2010, 09:27 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Computamedic
The 1990 car has a speed signal sensor in the gearbox so there is a chance that there is a problem with that. There's not much else that can affect it. It's possibly a problem with the speedo itself though.
The first pic is a view of the left side of the tranny/engine assembly--the sensor has been circled. If you follow the wire in the second pic, you'll see that the plug is located in the engine compatment, under the heater blower. There's a bracket with three similar plugs--the flywheel sensor is the middle plug.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:53 AM
BVF
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazing stuff, thanks everyone. I'll be in the garage this weekend trying to sort through these problems

Quick Reply: New Owner - A/C, Speedometer Help