Sponsored by:

Replacing insulation

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 06:51 PM
kmskier
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing insulation

Does anyone have any products they would recommend for replacing insulation under the interior carpet? I was just told by a Dynamat dealer that their products shouldn't be used. Thoughts??
Old 04-09-2010, 09:57 PM
lizSter
Advanced

I called around to several car "restyler" and repair shops but couldn't find anything. I finally gave in and went to home depot and bought a remnant roll of carpet pad with anti-odor, anti-microbial treatment that prevents mold, mildew, fungus, bacteria, bad breath, etc.

It took a little trimming and I double layered sections with the grooves. The pad I bought had a blue plastic vapor barrier on one side that I installed towards the carpet.

Seems to have worked well, the carpet looks nice.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:18 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.....if it were me, I take a minimal approach & do as much carpet/insulation delete as possible (& if i keep this 964 that long its what I will do)....
there was a great pic of a Speedster that took this approach which I can no longer find, but along these lines......

Last edited by raspberryroadster; 04-10-2010 at 04:20 AM. Reason: smelly spelling
Old 04-10-2010, 12:04 PM
kmskier
Track Day

I like the idea of the vapor barrier. I just ordered replacements for the original mats. I am definitely not looking to add anything here; just a simple clean look.

Quick Reply: Replacing insulation