Sponsored by:

Friday frippery

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 11:01 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Friday frippery

Well, a busy weekend. I'm back to working the suites at the Brewers' Stadium, and tonight is my first night. It's also my wife's birthday today- she turns the big 4-0hcrapI'mforty......
So Saturday is birthday celebration, and sunday the Brewers late game. Sunday morning I hope to tend to some of the little things on the Porsche- the engine lid shocks, the heater tube off the exchangers, a wash and wax maybe.. and anything else small I can tackle.

So what about you folks? plans?

Last edited by hawk911; 04-12-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Picked up my new replica Turbo S spoiler from the airport this morning so will be fitting that over the weekend and generally cleaning up the car a bit ready for the paintshop on Monday morning
Old 04-09-2010, 12:29 PM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installing the used shark fins I bought. A little better shape than mine.

Those of you that followed my other threads regarding the rebuilds: The car is running better than any 911 I've ever owned. That extra balancing of the pistons / rods really paid off.

I'm looking forward to a drive up through the Texas hill country tomorrow to see the wildflowers in bloom. I hear they're spectacular this year. Will try to get a pic of the GP White amidst them.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I'll pick up my bumper at the paintshop and a powdercoated left wing strut and get it all reassembled this weekend. I hope to fire it up Sunday and get the oil changed and brake fluid changed.

Marc
Old 04-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Marc Shaw
I'll pick up my bumper at the paintshop and a powdercoated left wing strut and get it all reassembled this weekend. I hope to fire it up Sunday and get the oil changed and brake fluid changed.

Marc
Remember the photos... really liking all I read on the mods, sweet!

We are going to SeaWorld this Saturday as part of the Reef/Saltwater tank club. They will gives behind the scenes tours of their facilities, maintenance of the tanks, etc. Pretty cool. Driving there in the 964 if the skies don't open up...

And some time is going to be spent on the Fiat. Fixing the seats, and the interior. Also doing a few cosmetic changes outside (removed bumpers, new old-styled review mirror, etc...)

Old 04-09-2010, 01:25 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Jaime, looks good, but miss you working on the SC project...
Old 04-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hawk911
Yes, me too...one of my absolute favorite RL threads!

Going on a trip down to Santa Cruz today. Drove down through the mountains a couple of weeks ago with my son in the 964; we were enjoying a brief heat-wave at the time and we kept the roof down, even on the way back in the dark...brilliant! Have to take the ML today though so as to accommodate the whole family.

On the Porsche front, I need to remove the rear bumper and fix the tiny bump from last year. Is it possible to remove just the left section without removing welds etc.?
Old 04-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by hawk911
Will start working on it again as soon as I am done with the Fiat. I really need to get the sandrail out so I can work on both cars...

I figured the Fiat was something I could finish quickly and then dedicate the time and garage space to the SC. Only things to finish are the seats (had to take them apart to weld a few loose nuts and treat the metal with POR15), install new carpet set, and new canvas top, reinstall the dash and center console, seats... then there is this set of foglights I need to wire in...

Soon, soon, very soon.

My Second Fiat - The Runner
Old 04-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kahdmus

Going on a trip down to Santa Cruz today. Drove down through the mountains a couple of weeks ago with my son in the 964; we were enjoying a brief heat-wave at the time and we kept the roof down, even on the way back in the dark...brilliant! Have to take the ML today though so as to accommodate the whole family.

On the Porsche front, I need to remove the rear bumper and fix the tiny bump from last year. Is it possible to remove just the left section without removing welds etc.?
There is no need to remove any welds... but getting a corner out while the bumper is installed is a pita... very easy to remove the bumper as a whole and then take it apart.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Jim Howley
Picked up my new replica Turbo S spoiler from the airport this morning so will be fitting that over the weekend and generally cleaning up the car a bit ready for the paintshop on Monday morning
Did you also get the front splitters? I would love to get my hands on a front set to finish off the car... in my to-do list...

Please post photos. That spoiler looks great.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Kahdmus

Thank you. The good thing about having to move it outside while working on the FIAT is that I took out insurance and renewed the tag.... so as soon as I finish installing the rear bumper and gluing the side qtr panels I am driving it to work, woooohoooo!

Old 04-09-2010, 04:00 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

nothing exciting happening Porsche wise with me. I probably will take the Turbo out for a drive and get some oil for the 964 so I can do a oil change in a couple of weeks.
I am trying not to hurt myself this weekend as I am heading up to Virginia to do some fishing at my summer cottage on the bay Thursday. I got a new 15hp motor for my 14' aluminum boat so that thing ought to haul butt
Geez Geoff I had to reread you first sentence! I thought I read you were going to have a BUSTY weekend
Old 04-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Ohhh, Happy Birthday to your wife Geoff! What the heck are you doing on rennlist today? hahahahahaha They locked my garage and computer last weekend (wife birthday is April 1st)...
Old 04-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Wachuko
Did you also get the front splitters? I would love to get my hands on a front set to finish off the car... in my to-do list...

Please post photos. That spoiler looks great.
At the moment I have a Techart front splitter but I am thinking of changing it for a Turbo S style one at some point. I should have done it now that I am having the whole car resprayed but I have been playing the "while I'm doing it" game for the past few months buying more and more parts for the car and I've got to the point where enough is enough for the moment.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:57 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wachuko
Thank you. The good thing about having to move it outside while working on the FIAT is that I took out insurance and renewed the tag.... so as soon as I finish installing the rear bumper and gluing the side qtr panels I am driving it to work, woooohoooo!

^ That is a beauty.

I started a new project for work today that is completely outside of my comfort zone. It is freaking difficult. I will be on a small team managing a high profile website and the supporting intranet site. So this weekend I will be getting familiar with the technical environment and brushing up on my nerd knowledge.

Not a lot of Pcar stuff going on. I might be able to give her a bath and take her out to run through the corners Saturday.

Sunday my neighborhood is shut down for some kind of nuclear security summit thingy. It will be pointless to try to take the pcar out. More study time I suppose.

Quick Reply: Friday frippery