Sponsored by:

Cars n' Croissants - 3-28-10

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 05:05 PM
karlusmagnus
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cars n' Croissants - 3-28-10

There were a few 964's there today. I saw Rob's (Redcoat) beautiful white car, but it was only as he left the parking lot, did I realize that we had been talking to the owner of the white Lancia at the same time.
There was a Panamera there, my 1st time seeing one. A nice red 965 was parked next to my car. Some nice 914-6's. Nice 280SE mercedes, and an F330GT. Good cars + people .... bunch of different marques. Its a nice event, even if it was a bit chilly this morning.

http://www.vimeo.com/10506245
Old 03-28-2010, 09:31 PM
racemor
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 45 Posts

"Croissants", how sophisticated! Nice 8C, not sure we will ever see one of those around here. The silver Peter Gregg car is familiar though. Assuming it's the same car, it was at the Euro/BMW Plant show in Spartanburg a couple of years ago with a for sale sign on it.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:23 PM
karlusmagnus
Advanced

The woodland bakery is right there, and they do very nice baked goods. I presume the croissants are good.
The 8C was nice. I liked the 280SE as well as the 330GT. Also the 914's were really really nice. The 965 was very nice as well as the white 964. Just lots of nice cars.
I only saw the Brumos car leaving. Usual way that you only see the owner leave. I'll know next time, so I can talk to him.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:35 AM
Redcoat
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Karlusmagnus is too kind, my car is just pale and anemic compared to his 964 with its great but subtle touchs, Cup mirrors (?) and black D-90's

Despite the bloody freezing cold it was nice to see a good turn out. That Gregg car was stunning - maybe too perfect.

I can vouch for the Danish's at the bakery. burp.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:13 PM
karlusmagnus
Advanced

Rob, thanks. I was admiring the trim on your seats ... the piping is really cool and the car looks great. Looks like you did very well with your purchase.
Did you speak with the turbo owner?
I've seen the Gregg car before at some event or other. The badge said 2.4. Was it special or prepped in a particular way? I don't know if you spoke with the man. I was curious.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Redcoat
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karlusmagnus
Rob, thanks. I was admiring the trim on your seats ... the piping is really cool and the car looks great. Looks like you did very well with your purchase.
Did you speak with the turbo owner?
I've seen the Gregg car before at some event or other. The badge said 2.4. Was it special or prepped in a particular way? I don't know if you spoke with the man. I was curious.
My seats really need some love, the prevous owner kept the exterior in good nick but overlooked the interior. In fact I'm thinking of completely recovering the front seats with a period style insert echoing the early cars.

I know nothing about the 2.4 car other than I want it - badly, didn't establish who the owner was. I assume that it belonged to the
Peter Gregg?
Old 03-30-2010, 10:41 AM
racemor
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 45 Posts

Here is an old post from Early S:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...regg+klubsport

Quick Reply: Cars n' Croissants - 3-28-10