Sponsored by:

Monday menagerie

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 11:28 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Monday menagerie

So we had Date night Saturday. Had a sitter for the 2 kids, and we went to see a movie. We saw Alice in Wonderland and took the Porsche to the theater. It was kinda cloudy on the way there, and rainy on the way home. Still a great little trip. I still love to hear my car roar down the road. Love 3rd gear the best, I think.

Today starts my 2 week paid paternity leave- part of our Family medical leave act at work. Pretty cool, but that also means my wife started back to work today. She's not thrilled.

Today, if Brayden cooperates, I'm going to try making sense of the garage. Plan is to put some shelves up closer to the ceiling for all the crap that never gets used and really needs to be up and out of the way. I've got to get other stuff moved out of the way to have room to put the shelves up.

And then- maybe..... just maybe I can get to the Porsche stuff before the season is too far underway.

Oh yeah- I'm registered for Porsche Parade too. Anyone else?
Old 03-15-2010, 11:48 AM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like paternity leave covers mechanical offspring as well Geoff....like 964's?

Weather supposed to be good here, so hopefully I'll be topless all week long. Calm down ROL....talking about the cab!!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

I had a good weekend. My friends and I reinstalled the engine in the C2. Its easier with 3 people, one running the jack and a person on each side, making sure you don't damage anything as it goes up. We got it installed but didn't have time to start it up, that will have to wait for next weekend.

Sunday, went on a drive with the girlfriend to an outlet mall. The weather was lousy. Heavy rain and wind. The news said this morning that some neighboring towns got over 6 inches of rain. No wonder the puddles were big on this morning's commute to work. Fortunately for me, no damage to the homestead.

If you remember, I was expecting to be tutoring my girlfriend's daughter on calculus. It was eye opening. I've forgotten most of it. The good news is that I still remember the concepts. Last night's task was learning to do integrals. The daughter was skipping steps in her problems and making dumb mistakes. I taught her how to write it all out, starting with what she knows. Her accuracy improved. I also explained what derivatives and integrals would be used for. For some reason, she didn't know that (we are half way into the semester ). Either she isn't paying attention in class or the teacher isn't doing a good job or its some of both. At least going forward, she now understands the basic concepts. We'll see how she does on the next test. Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:57 AM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Acquired lakefront property over the weekend!

It's called my backyard, after +4" of rain!

No P-car activities all weekend.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:57 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Beautiful weather here all week. I am going topless for the next 9 or 10 months
Cleaned out the water mixed oil in the sump in my tractor and added the 8 gallons of new oil to the transmission. Now I found my power take off hookup is dripping oil at about a drop every 45 seconds. At that rate it will be empty in a month. i set a bucket under it to catch so I can dump it back in until I can get a new seal. i have to dump all the oil out again to fix it. Its always something!!
Work sucks and isnt getting any better. There just isnt any design/construction going on in Florida anymore. They laid off another engineer thursday so that only leaves 4 people out of 38 a year or so ago.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:55 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Took a big drive in the 964 after getting it back from the body shop. The paint on the bottom of the bumper cover right behind the rear wheels all washed off. I need to have a word with the body shop, as I thought they were using paint instead of watercolors this time... Its bare black plastic.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:40 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Winter projects are a little hampered waiting for parts but I did manage to get a little touchup painting done as well as got my Rennline lower dash cover installed.

Other than that, just worked all weekend (on call) but it was slow.

Marc
Old 03-15-2010, 03:47 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Getting my Jeep back, so transferred stuff from the 964 into the Jeep and gave the 964 a little bath. After a few months of daily driving duty, I'm looking forward to putting her on jack stands for a little bit of tlc: figuring out the notchy and inconsistent shifting, sunroof alignment, oil change, replacing the oil pressure sender, and a couple other small things.

Should be fun before the track season begins.

-Skip
Old 03-16-2010, 12:11 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big Porsche weekend. Packed the car up Friday with dog and a girl and drove to Boston to visit some friends. It is St.Paddy's week up there. The total trip was about 1,000 miles. The car ran almost flawlessly. It did sputter a bit under monsoon rain.

At one point we were walking out of a bar and there was a Lotus Exige parked in front. A friend of a friend asks me what is that car. He wanted to do some male bonding and sound like a gear head. I went through the basic rundown of the Lotus, models, and super charged vs. non sc versions. He says, “Non supercharged that would be absolutely pointless, that is like buying a non-supercharged Porsh. Stupid!.” Me- “My porSHA does not have a sc or a turbo for that matter.” Awkward foot in mouth conversation ender. He spent the next 15 minutes in backpedal. LOL

Otherwise we saw Dropkick Murphys (front row), ran a 5k, drank the drinks, and ate some great food. EPIC weekend.

Quick Reply: Monday menagerie