Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Return Tubes - opinions on the pic - are these the expandable versions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 12:13 AM
Pak_37
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Oil Return Tubes - opinions on the pic - are these the expandable versions?

We're in the midst of our spring maintenance and we're going to change some more oil lines -- we're going to change both lines from the cooler to the thermostat. Prior to ordering those parts I was inspecting the oil return tubes. I've attached a couple of pictures and would like opinions - I'm trying to decide if these have already been changed - does anyone think these are the expandable versions rather than the originals because they have a cir-clip on them? Comments appreciated.
Attached Images    
Old 03-15-2010, 12:33 AM
Indycam
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't recall a clip on the stock tubes .

I have a pak 44 .
Old 03-15-2010, 12:42 AM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

yup those are aftermarket expandable tubes, you can pull the clip back, pull them out, new seals and you're back in business...don't forget the o-ring between the two tubes, it needs replaced too...
Old 03-15-2010, 01:46 AM
Pak_37
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Indycam and J Richard for the confirmation - that's what we thought -- thanks for the tip on the seals and o-rings. Although we don't have any leaking there, we have a drip just above the driver's side forward tubes -- wondering if it could be the cylinder/crankcase seam?

Quick Reply: Oil Return Tubes - opinions on the pic - are these the expandable versions?