Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Air/Oil Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 964 Forum
Reload this Page >

Oil Return Tubes - opinions on the pic - are these the expandable versions?

Notices
964 Forum
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Oil Return Tubes - opinions on the pic - are these the expandable versions?

Old 03-15-2010, 12:13 AM
Pak_37
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Oil Return Tubes - opinions on the pic - are these the expandable versions?

We're in the midst of our spring maintenance and we're going to change some more oil lines -- we're going to change both lines from the cooler to the thermostat. Prior to ordering those parts I was inspecting the oil return tubes. I've attached a couple of pictures and would like opinions - I'm trying to decide if these have already been changed - does anyone think these are the expandable versions rather than the originals because they have a cir-clip on them? Comments appreciated.
Attached Images    
Old 03-15-2010, 12:33 AM
Indycam
Super User

I don't recall a clip on the stock tubes .

I have a pak 44 .
Old 03-15-2010, 12:42 AM
J richard
Addict
Rennlist Member

yup those are aftermarket expandable tubes, you can pull the clip back, pull them out, new seals and you're back in business...don't forget the o-ring between the two tubes, it needs replaced too...
Old 03-15-2010, 01:46 AM
Pak_37
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Indycam and J Richard for the confirmation - that's what we thought -- thanks for the tip on the seals and o-rings. Although we don't have any leaking there, we have a drip just above the driver's side forward tubes -- wondering if it could be the cylinder/crankcase seam?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: