Brake pedal height adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 05:57 PM
oldskews4
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Brake pedal height adjustment

Hi all,

How easy is it to adjust the height of the brake pedal? What the adjustment range of the pedal rod?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:43 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't really heard of anyone adjusting their brake pedal height (not that it's not possible). Typically, people adjust the throttle pedal to improve heel and toe downshifting. There are various solutions, including aftermarket pedals, as well as, attaching a piece of wood to the gas.

I have a Rennline adjustable piece and it pretty much gives me what I need in terms of positioning. Keep in mind, the length of the throttle actuator rod is also adjustable but it really shouldn't be tweaked unless you're trying to ensure proper WOT position.

Sorry, that's all I got.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:23 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a vague memory of doing it to some of the first C2's that hit the market, guys who were new to the cars after having earlier 911's. Honestly don't remember how successful it was, and there certainly wasn't the range of adjustment to lower the pedal height like the vacuum assist torsion bar cars.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:06 PM
velocitylover
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by oldskews4
Hi all,

How easy is it to adjust the height of the brake pedal? What the adjustment range of the pedal rod?

Thanks in advance.
I always thought my pedals were not aligned (leveled) properly and blamed it on assembly issue (early production run of 1989) .
After making sure that all was well mechanically (check for play and such) I found out that you can adjust pedal height by turning the rod in or out (loosen locking nuts first) and I found the range to be about 2"( Lowest to highest setting).
I also learned that I could go a little lower but than I ran into an issue with brake light switch staying open (brake lights on) and had to adjust back.
All and all easy adjustement and worked well in my case.

PS. Just remembered: I had to disconnect the rod on the MC side to turn the rod freely but it was no biggie.

Last edited by velocitylover; 03-02-2010 at 07:07 PM. Reason: additional info

Quick Reply: Brake pedal height adjustment