Sponsored by:

Monday Merriment- and quest for cars

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 01:01 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Monday Merriment- and quest for cars

Well, not much except I have parts to install now I'll be doing that soon, as I want to have the car ready for April activities. One of which is that photo shoot I keep meaning to do.

For anyone in the Chicago area- are you interested in having your car in some car/girl glamour shots? We'd be willing to trade free images for the use of your car for the day.

So what did you do this weekend?
Old 03-01-2010, 01:39 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Will there be models on hand?

Sure, Hawk. Put me on the list ... if you're looking for a race car. Will have the exterior detailed and freshen the vinyl, so April would work just fine before the season begins.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:49 PM
hawk911
Race Car

of course there would be. I'm rather picky about the models for these cars too. Been waiting 2 yrs to find the right one for mine.

Do you have a race suit small enough for a model? Could be a cool shot with the suit partially open, or upper part around her waist with a bikini top on under it. Ideas, ideas!!!

Feel free to send a few pics of the car, or a link to a gallery: hawkphotography (at) earthlink dot . net

I picture a more industrial setting too. will be fun to coordinate 2-3 cars, models, location, and time of day. and still have time to shoot something myself.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 175 Posts

Had a terrific weekend. Saturday, started off with a new challenge. I needed to run a thread chaser in the oxygen sensor threads on my cat. The stripped threads on the oxygen sensor were in the threads. To gain access, I needed to remove a heat shield. That took a while. Two of the bolts were rusted/frozen. I ended up drilling them out. Once we had clear access to the oxygen sensor port, we could see the extra material in the threads. My friend spent an hour with a set of picks (similar to dental tools) and was able to extract the big chunks. Finally, he was able to insert the thread chaser. All told, what should have been a simple task, took 3+ hours. The rest of the afternoon was spent reconfiguring my workshop to accommodate the new tool chest.

While enjoying a frosty malty beverage, my friend helped me re-calibrate my home soda dispenser. The syrup to carbonated water ratio was off. Its a two man job. One person (me) lays under the sink with a flashlight and screw driver, while the other person dispenses soda into a calibration cup (brix). After 10 minutes, we discovered that part of my problem was that I had partially clogged nozzles in my Wunderbar gun. After cleaning, we recalibrated again. This time, it worked well. The soda dispensed was consistent and the flavor spot-on.

Sunday, was spent quiet. We spent time with my girlfriend's daughter, her boyfriend and her mom and dad. It was her mom's birthday.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I had a productive weekend as I got my engine pad out (without an engine drop). Also got most glue off with Varsol and elbow grease - not a fun job!

I also started to get ready for the exhaust swap and I just need to get the FVD carbon-kevlar bumper painted so I'll be ready for the dual outlets.

As my wife went to a baby shower yesterday, I took my 6 year old son swimming and then played PS3 (he kicked my ***).

Marc
Old 03-01-2010, 02:31 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hawk911
For anyone in the Chicago area- are you interested in having your car in some car/girl glamour shots? We'd be willing to trade free images for the use of your car for the day.

So what did you do this weekend?
Sorry Hawk, my car is too dirty for a photo shoot. For that matter so is my lady friend.

I spent most of the weekend driving around in the pcar, which was great. I looked at a 964 for a Rennlister considering purchace. It is interesting looking at, ‘another 964’ and see the differences between my car and another. These cars have personality.

Sunday I spent with my Dad at the shoot’in range. Good fun.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:42 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Took the P-car to pick up some groceries. As I was loading up the car, an older couple walking pass in the parking started to strike up a conversation. Turns out he has a 964?!! Given that there are only a couple in town I said, "the red, C2 that I sometimes see parked in front of Margret's (local restaurant)?" Nailed it. His wife laughed... I felt like a Porsche stalker!
Old 03-01-2010, 02:52 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hawk911
Feel free to send a few pics of the car, or a link to a gallery: hawkphotography (at) earthlink dot . net
You have mail.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:56 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I rebuilt the carb and added electronic ignition to my old farm tractor yesterday. i had to of gained at least 3 HP and a couple hundred lbs of torque. i was dragging logs almost 2 feet in diameter and 10 feet long around like twigs
As far as the Pcars I drove them both around then left them out in the driveway to get a natural bath in the rain saturday morning.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:15 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Originally Posted by joey bagadonuts
You have mail.

so do you
Old 03-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Ok, weekend went like this:

My First Fiat.. a parts car

and getting this:

The children are going crazy with it. She is a Cairn Terrier, name is Jojo.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:47 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Both are likely to leave an unwanted stain somewhere. Good luck with the Fiat. :-)
Old 03-01-2010, 08:30 PM
carreragttech
Advanced

interested in the photo shoot. Car is apart right now but if the shoot is in april that would be good.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:44 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wachuko
Ok, weekend went like this:

and getting this:

The children are going crazy with it. She is a Cairn Terrier, name is Jojo.
Congrats! Jojo is a very close name to Toto. They are very cool dogs IME.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:51 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Originally Posted by carreragttech
interested in the photo shoot. Car is apart right now but if the shoot is in april that would be good.

Send me some info- car details and some shots.

Quick Reply: Monday Merriment- and quest for cars