Price question from a Porsche newbie

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 09:05 PM
KidA_OK
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Price question from a Porsche newbie

Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy my first 911, and I'm looking at a 94 c2 dark green/tan interior manual w/ 95k miles on it.
It is completely stock except for the twister rims. The ppi - leakdown/compression test came back good, although will need a valve adjustment soon.
The guy is asking $20k, is this a tad bit on the high side with that many miles?What would be a reasonable offer to give?

Also as far as the 964's would you consider the 94's the best year being that some issues on the earlier models have been ironed out?

Much Thanks.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:15 PM
ducnine
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 16 Posts

a '94 for that price is probably a good deal as long as the PPI came back good. I don't think a valve
adjust is that expensive and you can probably negotiate that in the deal.

Some things to think about as you negotiate price.
How are the tires? What shape is the interior in? What else was checked in the PPI? What is the history of the car? Are there Service Records?

Good luck. Post some pics if you can so we can take a look at what shape its in.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:20 PM
Greg964
Pro

It really depends on condition, if it is very good or excellent and has service records $20k is a fair price.

92-94 964s are generally preferred due to the improvements (engine gaskets, rear view mirrors, rear brakes). Since 1994s are the last year in the US they would probably be worth a bit more, and they are rare.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:46 PM
augsburg911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what you have described, I think $20k seems like a good price.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:47 PM
92silver964
Racer

Originally Posted by KidA_OK
Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy my first 911, and I'm looking at a 94 c2 dark green/tan interior manual w/ 95k miles on it.

Also as far as the 964's would you consider the 94's the best year being that some issues on the earlier models have been ironed out?

Much Thanks.
I believe there were only 200 of the '94 C2 coupes sold in the USA, so you're looking at a pretty rare car. If it comes through the PPI well, that sounds like a good deal. Good luck!
Old 02-13-2010, 11:49 PM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by KidA_OK
Hi guys,

It is completely stock except for the twister rims. The ppi - leakdown/compression test came back good, although will need a valve adjustment soon.
The guy is asking $20k, is this a tad bit on the high side with that many miles?What would be a reasonable offer to give?

Much Thanks.
no rust, decent interior.....seems reasonable.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Grazie
Instructor

I'm in a similar situation as you - I've been looking for 6mo+ for the right 964 for me.
From the watching/looking/etc. I've done I think this would be a fair price given the year, mileage, stated condition and PPI results.

I just saw this posted in your area too - not sure if you're considering a c4 as well. (I've been looking for a c2 though this is my favorite color combo). Other than coming across it I don't know anything about this one - no affiliation - I just use to live in Schenectady so I know Burnt Hills is close.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tchlink:top:en

Quick Reply: Price question from a Porsche newbie