Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Mount Oil Cooler

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 34 Posts

I have been reading this with great interest as I have been working a deal to buy a Ruf/Cargraphic oil cooler and the lines and banjo bolts which I completed yesterday....so now I need a mounting bracket which I did not get in this deal. Anyone have a spare..Ha. Probably not going to happen so how hard to make one on my own? Or should I get pics and deminsions and have a shop make one?? Thanks for any help on this.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:44 PM
cornerhans
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve,

I wish I could be more helpful. What I can tell you is the method I went with was to reconfigure the bracket/shrouding that once held the condensor to now accept the new oil cooler. The process included cutting some of the bracket, and it will require a fair amount of work to seal the gaps between the condensor and the chasiss so the incoming air will vent through the coolers and not out the gaps.
Since you have the RUF unit maybe they will sell you just the bracket. Also, not sure if you got a chance to see the link Bill posted to Pelican, it had some good info as well.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:23 PM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Since I am keeping the condensor I need a mount but the oil cooler I got has no real mounting holes to use or any marks on it where it was installed previously? Very confusing as it looks like it was floating in a mount?? Maybe Bill can tell me what the stock mount looked like? No brackets laying around at Ruf.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:01 AM
doruiacovescu
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello! How about these? Only 49 Eurosplus plumbig. You can fit them in the cenral section.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Old 03-18-2010, 07:32 AM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

They might work but the sandwich adapter is useless unless you want to run plumbing all the way back to your oil filter. The guys running extra oil cooler usually run them in series with the stock unit.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:40 AM
doruiacovescu
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But can this be adapted for running in series with the stock cooler? I guess it can. It s a huge price differnece over the cargraphic one, which is OVEROVERpriced.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:47 AM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by doruiacovescu
Hello! How about these? Only 49 Eurosplus plumbig. You can fit them in the cenral section.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
That cooler is about the size of the turbo s cooler that is not big enough to make a substansial difference I am told by many. The Ruf unit I have is more than twice that size. Thanks anyway though!

I may have to send Bill a PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:49 PM
cornerhans
Instructor

I got side tracked this weekend building a welding table and all around work table that will get me off the ground while doing these kinds of projects. I did make some progress with the oil cooler and bracket by securing it all together so thought i would show the update. Hopefully I can finish next weekend.

Last edited by cornerhans; 04-28-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:55 PM
cornerhans
Instructor

This one shows the fan attached.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:09 PM
cornerhans
Instructor

Two months later, the added oil cooler project is complete and the air conditioning is retained.

Not sure I would be the best guy to ask for advise on this project but thought I should share the final photos as they could potentialy help someone. If I had to do it again I would have used Bill's method of the plumbing out the front in lieu of a stock cooler and plumbing out the back.

Anyway, I learned and had fun, and built a welding table to boot just so I didn't have to do the project on the ground.

Quick Reply: Front Mount Oil Cooler