Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone interested in a Perfect Power strut brace?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 09:57 PM
gyrfalcon
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone interested in a Perfect Power strut brace?

Hello everyone,

After a bit of researching on the forum, I found that these were highly recommended. They appear to be well machined and similar to the RUF design, are without hinges, and fit under the carpet. Evidently, they will only manufacture a batch of these braces when they have the minimum number of orders, which is six. Myself and one other person are on the list, so only four more are needed at this time. They cost $275 @ http://www.perfectpowerinc.com/sales.html and take about two weeks to manufacture.

Anyone interested? Mods, if this post is inappropriate please remove it, and I apologize. Thank you.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:07 AM
jml964
4th Gear

Default Perfect Power Strut Brace

I am interested in a "Perfect Power" strut brace for a 964. It is my understanding that there is currently none available, if however they are available count me in.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:19 AM
gyrfalcon
Former Vendor

All you have to do is e-mail them at perfectpower@sbcglobal.net and let them know you want to be on the list. As soon as they have six requests, we're good to go. Thanks.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:30 AM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are some pics from a previous group buy on this item. Really nice part!

Old 02-14-2010, 04:05 PM
gyrfalcon
Former Vendor

Thanks Joey. This is a great opportunity for anyone who has wanted one of these, and missed out on the last batch. Not easy to come by.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:42 PM
92silver964
Racer

Originally Posted by joey bagadonuts
Here are some pics from a previous group buy on this item. Really nice part!
Is there a reason why you might recommend this brace versus the Rennline version which costs about $100 less? I'm in the market, so I'm interested in the pro's/con's. Thanks.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:35 PM
gyrfalcon
Former Vendor

My personal opinion, after having looked at every other offering I could find posted on rennlist, is that this brace would be superior to most others due to the lack of any joints or hinges and it connects directly across to the strut towers (less flex), and the fact that it fits under the carpet. I did not want to cut holes in my carpet if I didn't have to, and I like the stealthiness of hiding it too. The only other option that appeared to come close was the one-piece brace from Fabspeed, but you have to cut the carpet to fit that one. Since they're the same price, I opted for the Perfect Power which, based on the opinions I have read on the 993 forum from those who have them, are very functional and well machined braces that are worth the cost. Due to my admittedly limited experience with these things, that's all I'm able to tell you, but that's how I came to my decision. Perhaps someone better versed can add to this?
Old 02-14-2010, 09:51 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 92silver964
Is there a reason why you might recommend this brace versus the Rennline version which costs about $100 less? I'm in the market, so I'm interested in the pro's/con's. Thanks.
Pretty much the same reasons gyrfalcon listed.

Here's the Rennline item so you can see the design differences.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:09 PM
92silver964
Racer

Thanks, Joey.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:18 AM
junkart
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's the Rennline item so you can see the design differences.
Rennline makes good products but PP brace is more superior in design in my opinion. I never like clevis/heim-joint construction on strut brace since it allows pivoting under stress. PP's brace has solid mounts which will give better bracing since there isn't any moving parts. my $0.02...
Old 02-15-2010, 09:13 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 279 Posts
Default Wong brace

What about a (Steve) Wong design strut brace?

-$205
-same author of a certain
-fits above/below carpet

http://911chips.com/C2strut.htm

(Web site text)
Hard cornering causes the front shock towers to spread, reducing tire camber and produces chassis flex. By tying your front shock towers together, the towers are locked and front negative camber is maintained, improving cornering response, and maintaining optimum tire contact. Bolts easily in and out in a few minutes to the existing strut tower bolts. End sections are CNC precision machined from 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum for a solid, zero flex support. The center crossmember is highly polished providing an attractive contrast to the light grey anodized end sections. Adjustable ends allow precise preloading. Threads ends are machined in counterrotation of the opposite side, so fine adjustments, or the dialing in of additional strut tower camber can be achieved by rotating the center crossmember. Fits directly above the recess of the fuel tank and behind trunk carpet, or above if you so choose.

Note: The factory strut studs that protrude into the trunk are very short. End section mounting base is of precise thickness to allow full protrusion of factory studs to the fastening nuts, yet retain proper structural strength. Beware of excessively thick mounting bases of other strut braces that do not allow full threading of strut studs after installation. End section footprint will also allow aftermarket monoball/camberplate installations without interference.

At a scant 1 lb, 10 oz, this handcrafted bar is the lightest available and easily best other bars which weigh in as much as 15 lbs. Modeled directly after and improved upon the original Porsche Motorsport RS brace, the solid minimalist design continues to follow Porsche's form follows function philosophy. Can also serve double duty as a towel bar for your all Porsche bathroom!

Fits all 964s and 993s from '90 to '98.
Attached Images    
Old 02-15-2010, 07:16 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

The RUF brace was the original, and a great design as outlined above, doesnt have rose joints or rod ends. Rod ends are for articulation, not strut braces.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:47 AM
Oracle
Pro

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
What about a (Steve) Wong design strut brace?
I have this one and it fits under the carpet perfectly.

I don't think the hinges will really affect the performance as they're not loose but tight and allows the perfect fit as opposed to the fixed one that will not necessarily conform to your suspension and body geometry.

We're splitting hairs. If anything the perfect is something soldered like the cup cars.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:01 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a 993 GT2 EVO strut brace and it is a solid chunk of welded metal.

Marc
Old 02-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Dave White
Racer

Does anyone have a pic with their bar under or over the carpet, without cutting, and with their triangle still in the storage location? 964 C4 if possible, I am not sure if the C4 has a different gas tank shape than the C2?

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in a Perfect Power strut brace?