Sponsored by:

Ruff Shop in Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 02:21 PM
CraigC
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ruff Shop in Dallas

The AC on my car stopped working last year and I suffered through a Texas summer without it. I decided to take it to Ruff in Dallas, before summer and let them fix it.
I took some pics while I was there of their amazing shop and the cars they have in for service or for sale. The F 50 is $1.2MM in case you have some spare coin laying around.
Enjoy!
Attached Images               
Old 02-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Nine11
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CraigC
The AC on my car stopped working last year and I suffered through a Texas summer without it. I decided to take it to Ruff in Dallas, before summer and let them fix it.
I took some pics while I was there of their amazing shop and the cars they have in for service or for sale. The F 50 is $1.2MM in case you have some spare coin laying around.
Enjoy!

That's an Enzo, not an F50. Cool cars and the shop looks like it has some of the finest go through there.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:16 PM
paa502
Pro

Great pictures, thanks for posting. And the AC - good as new?
Old 02-06-2010, 09:02 PM
CraigC
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep the AC works, they did a great job of troubleshooting and repairing it. I thought it was a leaky Evaporator but it turned out to be a plugged receiver drier. There is a pressure release valve that dumped every can of 134 I put in. I could smell it coming out almost as fast as I put it in. Because the system couldnt circulate through the pressure buit up and the relief valve it dumped the coolant. I thought it was the infamous evaporator leak, fortunately it wasnt. I probably could have fixed the receiver drier myself but I thought it was the evaporator and I really didnt want to tackle it. In any case Im glad I let the pros fix it correctly. This summer when its 110 deg Ill still be able to enjoy the car!

Nine11, you are right, it is an Enzo. A truly spectacular car and the first one I had seen in the flesh.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:47 PM
paa502
Pro

Glad you're all set. AC problems seem like they can be tricky. I'll keep your issue in mind should I have any trouble.

Worked fine last summer, keep me cool in 90+ weather (Boston).

Quick Reply: Ruff Shop in Dallas