Cup car ride height

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 09:58 PM
ian89C4
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cup car ride height

To the forum,

I have given up and ordered up the rest of my suspension (bilstein HD's with H&R greens). Good thing, when I took the front shocks off they could be depressed with one finger and would not come back up.

I was lucky, it took me 3 hours to remove everything. A huge breaker bar helped and heating the rear bolts up for 3 minutes per with a torch helped immensly.

To my point..... Is there anyway to get the cup car height with this set up and on a C4??

The measurements I have are: Front jacking points at 103mm
Rear jacking points at 122mm

Gas tank 1/2 full

I have 17" wheels if that is a factor.

Thanks!!
Old 02-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Turbohead
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ian89C4
To the forum,

I have given up and ordered up the rest of my suspension (bilstein HD's with H&R greens). Good thing, when I took the front shocks off they could be depressed with one finger and would not come back up.

I was lucky, it took me 3 hours to remove everything. A huge breaker bar helped and heating the rear bolts up for 3 minutes per with a torch helped immensly.

To my point..... Is there anyway to get the cup car height with this set up and on a C4??

The measurements I have are: Front jacking points at 103mm
Rear jacking points at 122mm

Gas tank 1/2 full

I have 17" wheels if that is a factor.

Thanks!!
Not likely
964 will have terrible bump steer when you go that low. I also don't think that Bilsteins can be lowered much ..they will bottom out.

The picture of mine is about as low as you can (RS height) 18" wheels go without changing the front uprights.

BTW car is for sale ( sadly)
Elliot
Attached Images    
Old 02-02-2010, 12:27 AM
DanielT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have H&R greens and my ride height is set at 24.75" at front and 24.5" rear. This is measured thru the middle of the hub, fender lip to floor...
I am not sure how this relates to RS ride height, but it must be pretty close.
Attached Images  
Old 02-02-2010, 10:36 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think you can with green springs either. The reds (turbo) are a bit lower than green

Originally Posted by ian89C4
Good thing, when I took the front shocks off they could be depressed with one finger and would not come back up.
this is what I keep tellin people. It's not a mileage thing either; not for normal street cars.

Quick Reply: Cup car ride height