Sponsored by:

Heater blower ticking

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 05:47 PM
jeffwe
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Heater blower ticking

My drivers side heater blower makes a ticking sound that corresponds to blower speed. I'm thinking there is something in there interfering with the blower in some way. Anyone encounter this? Do I really need to pull the fuel tank to get in there?

Also, I've recently blown a fuse on the blower circuit -- I'm fairly sure these would seem to be related...

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 01-31-2010, 07:26 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 310 Posts

You can get to the blower without pulling the fuel tank. You will have to remove the expansion tank on top of the fuel tank, remove the filler hose between the fuel tank and the filler pipe and loosen the fuse panel and pull it out of the way . Remove six screws and one bolt and pull out the firewall. Take the clips off of the cover over the fan and now the fun begins.

See this thread for the details:

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ght=blower+fan

You can buy a new drivers side blower from partsgeek.com for $635 and that's the best price I have found. I'm working on overhauling mine. Will see how it turns out.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:32 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

sounds like a dry leaf may have gotten into it.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Default Update

The left hand blower in my car would chirp after 30 minutes of operation. Rather than spend the $550 to replace it right away, I was told by my local Bosch starter motor rebuilder to spray some aerosol anti-seize into the bearings.
I sprayed both motors over the winter and I'm happy to report that the chirping has been eradicated. I'll report on it again at the end of the season.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:16 AM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Metal Guru
The left hand blower in my car would chirp after 30 minutes of operation. Rather than spend the $550 to replace it right away, I was told by my local Bosch starter motor rebuilder to spray some aerosol anti-seize into the bearings.
I sprayed both motors over the winter and I'm happy to report that the chirping has been eradicated. I'll report on it again at the end of the season.
Sounds like a great idea. I think I'll try it. I really did not want to pull the A/C unit to extinguish my little driver side bird.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by altarchsa
I really did not want to pull the A/C unit to extinguish my little driver side bird.
The l/h blower is accessible without disturbing the a/c lines that run across the top. Is that what you are referring to?

Quick Reply: Heater blower ticking