Sponsored by:

Reminder to clean up after failure

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 12:02 PM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frankvan
Just for clarification, when you say "injection tube" and "injection system" do you mean intake? AFAIK, injection is what the injectors do with fuel and the orifice of an injector is quite small for metal shrapnel to come out. Intake is what the air flows through to the cylinders. Want to make sure I'm not missing something.
Sorry for the loose terminology.

The trash was blown up past the broken intake valve into the air intake system. I never thought about the fact that it would be blown past the vertical part of the system (past both the manifold and cast aluminum intake distributor ) and into the lower horizontal "rubber" tube. I believe the pair are known as long and short tubes, just below the throttle body. The diagram shows where the puddle of oil and metal was found.

I guess I was a liitle paranoid about tearing into the entire intake system on the previous rebuilds, and just cleaned the lower portions of the intake.

Thanks to all for the support. I knew this would draw some "UGHH" responses, but if I save one person from going through what I did, it will be a small start to my contributing like all the Renlisters who have given me such great advice here!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Reminder to clean up after failure