Sponsored by:

Monday monday

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 10:37 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Monday monday

Well, the funeral went as expected. I was a mess when they played Taps, did the gun salute, and finally presented my MIL with the flag. There were a lot of people there; a testament to his personality and friends.

Sunday, I finally changed the oil in the car. Put Brad Penn in there this time; 20w-50. Didn't make a huge mess either. I put a towel under the oil fill, which caught some of the spill, and I drilled a hole in the old oil filter so all of the oil drained out of the filter before I took it off. The hood struts need replacing, and I'm going to put a dual setup on one side since the turbo tail weighs a bit more than the stock tail.

I did take the car around the neighborhood to warm up the oil before changing it, and it was sooooooo nice to hear that flat six I was careful not to go crazy though, since the temps were only high 20s and I wasn't sure how far I could push the summer tires before I might spin the car.

So what did you do?
Old 01-18-2010, 10:43 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I rode around in the nice near 80 degree temps with the top down all weekend. Went out to my property and drained the 8 gallons of hydrolic fluid out of my old tractor. Another 3 weeks and it will be grass cutting time again. I am letting it drip all week to get the rest of the crud out of it before refilling. Sure a change fron the sleet we got last weekend
Old 01-18-2010, 12:54 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a "Catastrophic Barbecue Failure" this weekend. The old girl finally completely self destructed. So I went out and got a new one.

Oh, and I re-did the bathroom vanity instead of a valve adjustment. I guess I know who's the boss around my place.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:21 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bennett, you were voluntold what to do I've been voluntold to put some overhead lights in the basement so my wonderful wife can start exercising again following the pregnancy. He's 3 weeks old today

Quick Reply: Monday monday