Sponsored by:

Happy 1st Monday of 2010

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 11:27 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Happy 1st Monday of 2010

So you may already know my story, but we had our baby boy last Monday. Brayden and Mom are doing well, and we came from Wednesday. I've just been floating on clouds since, so not really thinking Porsche stuff.

I was forced to look at my luke warm temps on the Grand Prix, and changed a temp valve off the heater core, but still have luke warm temps. Might flush the core and see if there was a blockage of some sort. Also installed my new head unit that I got 2008 Xmas, which only cost me another $200 for the wiring harness and mounting kit. Still had to solder wires, even with the new harness

so what did you do to start the new year?
Old 01-04-2010, 12:17 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I didnt do anything. Its to darn cold down here to even go outside. I am planning to go to Daytona saturday for the Rolex practice and meet the drivers but they are saying its going to be 26 degrees that morning! Thats way to cold for this weenie boy
Old 01-04-2010, 12:37 PM
hawk911
Race Car

man- that is cold--- NOT!!! We had 5 degrees this weekend, with the wind chill of -10.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Happy New Year everyone! I haven't done anything on the P-car in a while. My girlfriend and I just go back from a week in Albuquerque visiting my brother. My mom flew in from Ohio. It was good to see everyone again. When we arrived home, there was 8" of snow on the ground. Fortunately, my neighbor who had been pet sitting had also snow blown my driveway. Did I mention that I have good neighbors?

Next week, will be a P-car weekend, starting with dropping the engine in my coupe to resolve some oil leaks (behind the power steering pump and cam chain covers). Thank goodness for a heated garage.

Geoff - Glad mom and the new baby are well.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:23 PM
DaveK
Race Car

I took the 964 out over the weekend, and enjoyed it a lot - there is no question, it is simply more "fun" than the turbo. Although I was surprised to find I no longer have working front speakers.

The turbo continues to have annoying problems. The coolant leak has finally been fixed - but offside front wheel sensor has logged a fault 3 times now. Brake pad wear sensor also repeatedly comes on - although all the pads look fine to me. And just to top it off - the chrome cap on one of the headlight washers came off on Christmas morning.

New washer cap is on order. Car goes back to the dealer (again) tomorrow to investigate (and probably replace) the wheel speed sensor, and investigate the brake pad wear warning - and either replace whichever pads are causing it, or fix whatever causes the fake alarm.

Then perhaps I'll manage a whole month without the car having a problem......
Old 01-04-2010, 02:27 PM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happy New Year everyone!!

Spent the eve chaperoning a bunch of teenagers!!!!!!

Other than that it was too cold to do car stuff. My big plan was to start fitting my new 3.8 RS lid/wing but the garage was too cold (electric heater went). Oh well. Next week end should be warmer and Home Depot has a sale going on.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:28 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

The family took the 964 to visit friends who just bought a new house, an hour drive each way!

Car drove really well and no noise/vibration/heat complaints from either kid or the wife (her first long ride since installing Wevo MM). I was smiling the whole time, especially as we passed tons of families in their mini vans... that said it's starting to get tight in the car for my 6 year old son?! Need to start looking for a no-back-booster seat to get a couple inches back. My wife already jokes that she'll be forced into the back seat in the next couple of years, she's 5'2". I joke back, "that's why I married a small women"!

Anyway, a road trip with the family, what a great start to 2010!
Old 01-04-2010, 03:20 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveK
..................And just to top it off - the chrome cap on one of the headlight washers came off on Christmas morning.

New washer cap is on order. ..........
Mine has never come off because i havent figured out how to get them to turn on yet
Old 01-04-2010, 03:29 PM
DaveK
Race Car

Originally Posted by jimq
Mine has never come off because i havent figured out how to get them to turn on yet
It's worth it actually - they look like something out of Terminator when they work!

I've read it's a common problem - if you use the headlight washers at high speed. Coincidentally - I had achieved "high speed" on Christmas morning, but am sure I didn't use the headlight washers!
Old 01-04-2010, 03:41 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Dave- ship the car over here. I'll sort it then send it back to you- really I will

Uso- nice way to start the new year, or any new day for that matter. I'll have to figure out how to give a few inches of leg room to my son next year when he's no longer rear-facing. Maybe by then the Panamera's will have dropped in price to the 964 price range and I'll pick up one of those instead
Old 01-12-2010, 04:03 PM
lunchboxbill
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!

Been snow and sub zero temperatures here in the uk since before xmas, started to thaw now but the country came to a stand still as we dont have the infrastructure to cope with it.

not seen many 911s on the road, plenty of cayennes tho

Quick Reply: Happy 1st Monday of 2010