LWF on C4 DAILY DRIVER

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 07:27 PM
louisifis
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question LWF on C4 DAILY DRIVER

Hi guys,
I know this issue has been done to death, but I am right on the fence with the DMF and the LWF. My C4 cab is a daily driver-other mods include steve wong chip, drilled airbox, sports cat ( I had a g pipe on but found it a little loud day to day), 21 mm rear sway bar and front strut brace.

I live in the city so do a lot of bumber to bumber traffic driving as well as some highway driving.The steve wong chip should handle the stalling (otherwise he said he will reprogramme it for me)so I am not too concerned about that.

My main issue is the driveline noise in a C4. I read that it is worse due to the extended driveline transmitting more noise through the body. The other factor is that it has been reported that the performance gain in a C4, is not as significant as in a C2.

So, I am willing to put up with a little gain in driveline noise, but dont want so much that I loathe the car every time I drive it.

I love my mods and would love my car to rev quicker in first and second, so am really on the fence with this one.

I am very interested to hear your opinions.

Many thanks!!!
Old 12-21-2009, 01:16 AM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine has your intended setup... C4, LWF with Steve Wong chip. I find rev matching so much easier with it. I drove a C4 without one, and I felt that the revs were very sluggish in comparison. I have had few stalling issues, and Steve has taken good care of me in programming. The driveline makes more of a gravelly sound, but I think that adds to the fun. It only happens in low speed, driveway maneuvers, when in second, at low revs. No big deal at all.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:20 AM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi,

I have the LWF on my C4 for 3 years now, no issues at all, you get a bit of ratle sound if you are low on the rev in 2nd /3 rd, the other think is parking between 2 cars in a slop can be difficulte, appart from that I found it is great fun, I had no staling issue, the car as been remap and the ECU is managing the idle when the aircon is switch on,

Konstantin
Old 12-22-2009, 08:13 AM
Millemiglia
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by louisifis
My main issue is the driveline noise in a C4. I read that it is worse due to the extended driveline transmitting more noise through the body.
Driving top-down in traffic I doubt you will even think about the driveline noise...
I think you will find the pros of the lwf outnumber the cons by at least a million!
Old 12-22-2009, 08:53 AM
louisifis
Track Day

Guys, thanks for the opinions-all positive so far!!! Any other thoughts????
Old 01-14-2010, 12:04 PM
nekbet
Instructor

I have a LWFW in my 90 C4 targa... I wouldnt recommend it for daily city driving.
I like it, but I drive it very little and only for fun... I got stuck in Chicago traffic twice with it prior, and it was a disaster... no fun playing the clutch game for 2hrs.

Quick Reply: LWF on C4 DAILY DRIVER