Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 10:19 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Heat Help Please

Hey Guys,

Long story, but I need to find out how difficult it is to replace the following part on my 964: 964 572 041 01 (struggling to upload a picture of the PET picture, but will when I get that figured out).

This is the long tube (called muffler in the PET) that runs the heat from the back of the car (exchangers) to the front through the chassis. The car is at the shop, so I cannot take it apart and figure it out, but does anyone know if it is easy or an absolute nighmare to replace this part?

Any hints or insights...

THanks,

-SKip
Old 12-16-2009, 10:47 AM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

If your talking about the spriral ducting that runs through the box sections under the doors, I think your out of luck. Those were put into place prior to stiching the sections together. If you drilled into one or had a fire or the car was submerged they may of collapsed. A pack rat can make a nice nest in there but you could try and root it out or use a shopvac to clear it. As long as it isn't blocking the air and has no dead animals you should get heat...
Old 03-25-2014, 06:14 PM
Urs
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys i have the same problem did anyone got a solution for this f... big Problem??

swftiii - did u fix that problem already?

Need help.

greetz from germany Urs
Old 04-08-2014, 07:28 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Urs,

I have fixed the problem by pulling the heater boxes at the back and the hoses at the front and fishing a smaller diameter hose from the front to the back and then fastening it all together using rivets, aluminum tape, and other frankenstein solutions. It isn't pretty, but I have heat when I want it and no heat when I don't.

I used a 1.5" hose and get OK heat. I'm going to improve it by using 2" hose in the coming months.

-Skip

Quick Reply: Heat Help Please