Sponsored by:

Battery Shutoff Installation - Street

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Vlocity
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Battery Shutoff Installation - Street

I am still working to diagnose a nagging battery drain and many of you may have seen the "Battery Gremlin" thread.

I have shutoff switches in all of my other vehicles that see a lot of storage time and finally got around to the 964 yesterday.

I chose a key style shutoff switch and then searched for a suitable location. I wanted to just be able to pop the hood and be able to shut off the vehicle without having to dig under carpet etc.

After searching I decided to install it in the front plastic cover for the hydraulic pump. With that location I needed two 24 inch cables to replace the factory ground.

The pictures below are pretty self explanatory, it required drilling a 3/4 inch hole in the panel and then two 1/4 holes to secure the switch. I oriented the switch "down" in the on position just on the off chance that something would brush against it in the trunk while I was driving.

I can remove the key when in storage

I also used a two pin accessory pig tail to run a permanent battery tender line to the battery terminals, this way I can just plug in my battery tender without having to dig to the battery. I also kept a spare end to put on it when not in use.

Regards,

Ken
Attached Images        
Old 12-17-2009, 07:38 AM
Millemiglia
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Neat installation, thanks for sharing!

Quick Reply: Battery Shutoff Installation - Street