Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Monday

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 08:35 PM
jaudette3
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel like I'm eligible to join in the discussion as we got 6-8" of snow yesterday and it's currently 4 degrees outside. I finished my current project with the C4 on Saturday just in time to take the car out. I am very impressed at the way it handles in the snow - better than my wife's FWD SUV.

I was going to postpone installing the passenger seat as I've been waiting for an alarm module to arrive. There was a lot of corrosion under both of the seats and I removed everything, cleaned it all up, and repainted with Rustoleum where appropriate. My car came from Maine and it's obvious there's been a leak somewhere for quite some time. I will be having a new windshield installed on Thursday (I broke the other one during the seat install - don't ask ), so that might help.

The alarm module came today, so I'll be pulling the passenger seat back out. I've already replaced the cruise control module, which has had no effect on the (non) operation of the cruise control. I'm sure that there are more variables involved in each case. But Ive been messing around with old Porsches (usually older than this one) for a long time and I enjoy the riddle solving aspect of the sorting process. I've been reading Adrian's book and doing a lot of the browsing of the archives here and I think I've just arrived at "knows enough to be dangerous" stage.

I really enjoy the great culture that you all have built at this forum. Thanks for having me.

Cheers,
JohnA
Old 12-07-2009, 10:00 PM
DWS964
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

John,
Love the list of cars in The Collection. Consider me Green w/ Envy.

I mounted my Blizzak winter tires on Sunday, and tested them out on the commute on Monday. I am pleasantly surprised at how smooth and quiet they are. While I had the wheels off, I installed an new starter ground strap and cleaned the power cable connections. My car had been suffering from a slow grinding start after sitting out in the cold, but today was much better. Also, swapped out the rear blower relay with the one from the oil cooler - and today noticed that my rear blower was working in slow speed again. But, the right heat servo is not responding all the time, and the left front fan started working on High speed but with an awful racket like the old baseball card in the bike wheel spokes. Arghhh. Not looking forward to pulling out that fan.
Next weekend's plans are for valve adjust, new plugs, oil change, etc.
Oh, and work sux.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:15 PM
PNine64
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Hawk. Hope things are going well with the family.

I just saw the Parade question. I'm thinking about going but need to find someone to go with me (wife is not looking forward to it). Depending on what I decide to sign up for I might bring my 4 year old.

We'll see. The Escape was fun this year so it would be nice to do another PCA event. P2O is the same month too though so...???
Old 01-11-2010, 03:48 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Snow has been here since the middle of last week, and it's becoming a real pain. Turbo is coping well, the only problem being that on some roads, the height of the snow between the tyre tracks means the front acts as a snow plough, and you can hear / feel it scraping the bottom of the car.

It's also prevented the car going back to the dealer to sort out my wheel speed sensor fault. I could get the car there now, but would not be able to get off my street in a RWD merc courtesy car.

964 was supposed to go back last week to have a safety recall performed but snow prevented it. I'll probably leave it until spring now.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:25 AM
paa502
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Uplon"? More info please.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:00 AM
paa502
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Klotz Uplon Fuel Lube provides upper cylinder and fuel pump lubrication. Protects the
induction and fuel delivery systems from the dry, abrasive properties of methanol
alcohol. Uplon Fuel Lube increases horsepower by reducing power robbing friction. Seal
conditioners maintain constant fuel pressure and prevent lean-out conditions. Blends
with gasoline and methanol alcohol

• Reduces maintenance by keeping fuel injectors clean
• Blends with methanol alcohol, nitromethane and gasoline
• Provides upper cylinder lubrication
• Protects against rust and corrosion
• Lubricates and extends fuel injection pump life
• Reduces valve and valve guide wear
• Prevents engine lean and stabilizes fuel pump pressure
• Conditions entire fuel system

Quick Reply: Monday