964 C2 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Dan J.
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 964 C2 for sale

C2 coupe.

182k miles on chassis, 30k on motor & suspension, 2k on brake upgrade.

Suspension: PSS9 Bilstein setup with RS adjustable sway bars F/R and RS strut brace (setup by Rothsport).

Brakes: 928GTS front calipers (VCI adapters), turbo front rotors and 993 rear calipers. Pads are currently EBC Yellow with 75% material.

Motor: 30k on engine rebuild (Franz Blam Racing). Recent compression test 185 to 190lbs per cylinder. Motor is making peak 267hp/256ft-lbs torque at the flywheel on a mustang dyno. Dyno sheet available.

Exhaust: currently has cat bypass and secondary bypasses, stock exhaust available.

Tires/wheels: one set of Nitto NT-01s with about 200 track miles, one set of Yokohama A-048s with about 50% tread. 1 set of Sport Classic wheels (7" & 9" x 17) and 1 set of OEM 964 Turbo Cup I wheels (7.5" & 9" x 17")

Interior/Exterior: interior is clean with tan partial leather. Currently has RS radio delete plate and AC removed. Paint shines nicely, some normal rock chipping on nose and leading/trailing edges of wheel wells. Front and rear bumper covers have been painted in the past. Stock retractable spoiler or fiberglass RSA spoiler available.

It's a fun back-road and track-day 911 that's very streetable. Clutch is good, all the oil lines and cooler have been replaced, and we just did a full service with valve adjustment, filters, caps/rotors, etc. The PS pump was rebuilt last spring. There's a long list of sensors and other items that have been replaced over time mostly the normal 964 stuff that adds up with mileage. Windshield, motor and transmission mounts have been replaced as well. Recent Optima battery.

It's been professionally set up, the alignment is currently on the 'track' side of the scale, so it's super hooked up and direct on smooth pavement and can be a bit busy to drive on rutted roads. I've done 18 track days with the car over the past 3 seasons. It's very neutral and keeps up very well with more modern cars. No DNFs, spins or off track excursions. It pulls strong, no smoke or drips from the motor and does not run hot. The brakes are fantastic.

There are several Rennlisters local to Portland, Oregon who know the car. It was originally in the Atlanta area, then came to Oregon around 2001. I'm happy to answer any questions or provide photos to people who are interested. Paperwork is extensive, but the oldest stuff from the 1990's doesn't appear complete. It's very presentable but really not a car for someone looking for a virginal, spotless 964...it is and has been a driver.

I'd like to get $19k for the car as it sits, with all the wheels, stock and performance parts. Willing to consider less if someone is more interested in the car with some of the performance parts removed.

Thanks!
Dan.
Attached Images  
Old 11-29-2009, 12:54 PM
Dan J.
Advanced

Default More photos - RS look

Hi,

Here's a photo taken yesterday with the stock retractable spoiler and Cup wheels...closer to a traditional RS look.

Thanks for all the interest.
Dan.
Attached Images  
Old 12-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Dan J.
Advanced

Default Interior photo

Hi,

Thanks for all the interest in the car. I'm happy to send additional high-res pictures of specific items and talk by phone about the car. Just shoot me a PM.

As stated in the original posting, the price is negotiable. I have my eye on a couple of other cars and this will need to find a new home first.

Many thanks,
Dan.
Attached Images  
Old 12-03-2009, 03:44 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As one of the locals, I have driven this on the street, and ridden in this car around PIR. Dan is a careful and skilled driver, and this has been a great platform for him. I can attest to its condition, and general integrity as a hard driver/track platform. I have worked with Dan on this car a couple of times. (It was the model during our video shoot of the VAS-911 screwdriver.) and its clean. Dan himself is also pretty careful, and doesn't make compromises, so its been treated well.
I'd buy it, but I can only drive one 964 at a time...
Old 12-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Dan J.
Advanced

Aw shucks Tom. I thought you just liked those wheels...

A few years ago when we went over to Fred's to look at what is now your 964 C4, I had a feeling the car would appeal to you...especially after your troubled relationship with that diabolical Audi allroad.

I'm really glad you've had such a great time driving and tweaking your 964. The 911 community is vast and there's an amazing amount of knowledge, information and camaraderie aligned with each generation of 911s produced. It's very satisfying to see what a great relationship you've developed with these Porsches! That car of yours sure found a good home.

It's really a shame we don't have the time and $$$ to fill a hangar with cars. It's always a bummer to sell one in order to get the next. Helps keep the marriage going though.

Dan.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Dan J.
Advanced

Default Modified Price...

Thanks for all the interest. No commitments yet however. New price = $17,500 obo. I'm looking to make room for a track car. This is certainly not a virginal concours car, but very clean and presentable, fast, fun, sorted, really well set up and well maintained...a heck of a value.

Dan.
971-230-4808
Old 12-17-2009, 04:24 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1^
Old 12-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Dan J.
Advanced

Tom,
I think you need a C2 to go with your C4...think of just how cool that would be.
Come on...you know you want to.
Dan.

Quick Reply: 964 C2 for sale