Sponsored by:

Monday monday!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 10:49 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Monday monday!!!

Well, had a great high school senior photo shoot Saturday, and then had some friends over for the evening. One of them has not seen the Porsche yet, so we went for a drive. He was amazed at the speed and handling of the car; I was proud of my girl for handling so well

Sunday was cleaning up from my sessions Saturday, then winterizing the patio furniture, a bit of football, and then dinner with mom. Not much else.

Since Renn was down Friday, there should be lots of catching up to do......come on guys!
Old 11-16-2009, 11:13 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rained all weekend (as it has done so for past 6 days)....and forecast to do so until next sunday. typical vanc. weather. so the cab will likely remain undercover until blue sky day. will likely wax it/condition the interior, let it run up to temperature and do an oil ck.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:13 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I have been driving the 964 alot more lately. Its a shame having it just sit locked up in the garage all week while I use the TT and my truck.
I got grreat news on my summer home in Virginia on the bay. The tidal surge didnt get in the house and no trees or flying debri fell or hit it. my scrrens on the porch even are still intact. This is all good because I am heading up there this thursday for a few days of stripe bass fishing on the Chesapeake.

Last edited by jimq; 11-16-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:25 AM
JDD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very productive weekend for me...I was able to cross off the valve adjustment, mixing motor replacement, top locking motors, belt sensor, oil change, and wash. I tried Zaino's Clear seal. It was OK but dried a bit hazy. I think the problem was that I dried the car right before applying the ZCS so I had a bit of water on the applicator.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:28 AM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Jim, that little weekend spritz revealed a long looked-over hole in my roof.
New roof paneling will be needed over about 4 square feet.... and sheetrock, beneath.
The roof is higher than my extension ladder, so I'll farm that roof stuff out.
The sheet rock the gf & I will accomplish, later.
(She's a winner! )

We chopped up a toppled eucalyptus in her back yard, Saturday. And raked leaves in my yard, yesterday.

Yesterday afternoon I washed the red car.
(there! - some 964 content! )
Old 11-16-2009, 12:07 PM
wellcraft290
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

Saturday rained, but my circulator pump went on the boiler. Oh what fun. Then plumber came out sunday late and repaired.
Then after he left the valve to let the water out started to leak. Guess was just old and from being drained it would not tighten enough. So I drained the heating system sun night at 11 pm and then went to home depot for parts. All good now.
This was after covering the boat and then helping a buddy grind his swim platform that delaminated. Has to dry then wood and then re fiberglass.

I guess that is what buddies are for he helps me and I help him. I actually enjoy helping my friends do things as long as they help.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:20 PM
carnumber6
Instructor

thinking of buying the TurboKraft Transmission mount ... hoping my wheels are done at the powdercoaters. then mount the new Dunlops
Old 11-16-2009, 01:11 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

Good Morning all.

I spent Sat. at The Peterson Museum in LA at a Motorcycle and automobilia auction. Lot's of very cool Ephemera, period bikes and some cars, and a 914 race car. I was caught up in the moment and bid on a 1974 ex Jim Pomeroy Bultaco Matador SD. His personal Trail racer. Awesome bike. It is now home resting comfortably in the garage next to the Porsche's. A very tight fit but quite worth the effort. It was shown in Half Moon Bay in 2006 at the Legends of the Motorcyle show and is considered one of the top 200 bikes in the World. I'm psyched!

I'll post a pic once I download the camera.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:16 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Friday was chill out night watching Flight of the Conchords.

Saturday I took the car out for a little fun. They just do not make cars like this anymore.

Sunday was spent fighting leaves and cleaning the yard. It took ALL day and I have a small yard. Multching mowers are great revenge against leaves.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:01 PM
DWS964
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Returned from a trip around the world on late Saturday night. Around the world in 10 days. Indiana to Ireland, through Frankfurt, to Japan, and back to Indiana. About 80% business (a couple days off in Dublin) Surprisingly, I am doing well with the sleep aspect, although the insides are still adjusting. (there is a tale about dinner in Osaka involving tongue, liver, stomach, and colon.... arghhh)
Started up the 964 yesterday - wuhooo, no battery drain. Discovered a rear tire nearly flat, so I will be taking that one in for a repair today. It's nearly time to put the winter tires on, anyway. Can't wait to go for a drive.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

We had a lot of rain Saturday. I had a water leak at an exterior house door leading to my deck. Two weeks ago, I caulked all around the door and jam and thought that would fix the water leak. It didn't. Saturday morning, I checked the floor and it was wet. So I made a run to Lowes to order a storm door. I purchased a sheet of plastic drop cloth and stapled it to the door frame, as a make shift repair. The good news is that water leak stopped soon after. The door will arrive in approx 3 weeks.

Put new tires on my girlfriend's Volvo last week. The shop recommended an alignment. I knew that the lower wishbones had been replaced so I assumed it had already been aligned. During the week, she checked the receipts and it hadn't. So we had it aligned on Sat. It was a good thing we did. The toe was off on three of the four wheels.

On the way back from the tire shop, my 964 stumbled and stalled. I had been driving gently in my neighborhood. I restarted the car and started to drive and it stalled again. It stalled a third time before I got home. I popped the engine lid and didn't see any obvious problems. Saturday, night, we went to our local PCA region's annual dinner/banquet.

Sunday, I hooked up the scantool and didn't find any faults. I changed the DME relay, just in case that was the cause. I then started the car and let it idle on the driveway for about 45 minutes while I cleaned the garage. This morning, I took the car to work and it drove normally. Keeping my fingers crossed that the relay was the problem.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:50 PM
Shack2112
Advanced

Had a great weekend. Started off by changing the oil in the 964, first time. Took it over to a friends house and used his hoist. What a great thing to have in ones garage. I have already put it on my Christmas list! Went for a little drive and caught up with a couple of other people that were out for a drive and joined in, or did they join me?

Cheers
1990 964 C4 aka "Baby"
Old 11-16-2009, 03:47 PM
Crystal Cranks
Racer

Originally Posted by DWS964
Returned from a trip around the world on late Saturday night. Around the world in 10 days. Indiana to Ireland, through Frankfurt, to Japan, and back to Indiana. About 80% business (a couple days off in Dublin) Surprisingly, I am doing well with the sleep aspect, although the insides are still adjusting. (there is a tale about dinner in Osaka involving tongue, liver, stomach, and colon.... arghhh)
Started up the 964 yesterday - wuhooo, no battery drain. Discovered a rear tire nearly flat, so I will be taking that one in for a repair today. It's nearly time to put the winter tires on, anyway. Can't wait to go for a drive.
Darrell you could have given me a call to get your fix when you were in Dublin.
I spent the weekend fighting corroded brake fittings (still fighting).
Old 11-16-2009, 05:46 PM
DWS964
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Crystal Cranks
Darrell you could have given me a call to get your fix when you were in Dublin.
I spent the weekend fighting corroded brake fittings (still fighting).
I am so disappointed that I didn't look you up while there. That would have been great to spend time with another 964 nut. And, I could have held your beer while you wrenched on the car.
I certainly enjoyed a pint or six while there. I especially enjoyed The Stag's Head pub, just off of Dame St.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:09 PM
dynogyno
Instructor

Originally Posted by christallon
Good Morning all.

I spent Sat. at The Peterson Museum in LA at a Motorcycle and automobilia auction. Lot's of very cool Ephemera, period bikes and some cars, and a 914 race car. I was caught up in the moment and bid on a 1974 ex Jim Pomeroy Bultaco Matador SD. His personal Trail racer. Awesome bike. It is now home resting comfortably in the garage next to the Porsche's. A very tight fit but quite worth the effort. It was shown in Half Moon Bay in 2006 at the Legends of the Motorcyle show and is considered one of the top 200 bikes in the World. I'm psyched!

I'll post a pic once I download the camera.
Awesome! I had his poster (on that bike) in my room when I was 10 and competed in Trials at age 12. I had forgotten about Bultacos. SO cool!

Quick Reply: Monday monday!!!