Sponsored by:

really? It's Monday already?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 10:01 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default really? It's Monday already?

well, took the Porsche yesterday to shoot some motorcycle stunters going crazy in a parking lot. My son decided to try out a 50cc bored to an 88cc little dirt bike. He learned what happens when you get cocky on a motorized machine My daughter fell asleep on the ride home Pictures of the stunt stuff here: Stunt gallery

Other than that, no other Porsche related stuff. I will say though, I fall in love every time I drive that car. I was passing some "slow traffic" and the car really sounds great at 100 mph WOT
Old 11-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

Had a great weekend. I was able to resolve an mystery oil smell on my girlfriend's Volvo, while changing the PCV valve. It turned out that one of the two hoses to the PCV valve was no connected to the PCV. Aha! There was no way to see it until you were in there. I replaced the valve and took the car on a 30 minute test drive. The hot oil smell is gone. Horay!

We had great weather (upper 60's). I took the 964 out for a couple long drives. I cleaned the brake dust off the wheels when I returned. I'm also happy that my coupe's heating control problem has been found. I had swapped CCU's with my cab. The problem went away, so I know that the coupe's CCU is the fault. I'll have Loren repair it over the winter.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:49 AM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

[The following reads like something in Off Topic, than a weekend update]

Yesterday, the gf and I went out for a morning drive. Pulling into our subdivision's boulevard, I turned left at the stop light same time a 4X4 truck was turning right. He went wide, taking into my front path. He pulls over to the right hand lane, fades back, then pulls in behind me.

Follows us, turn after turn, into the subdivision. (yikes! My subdivision, w/ rare exceptions, only ends in coul de sacs.) Gf says, "don't turn onto our street". Finally, one of the coul de sac ends is reached and the guy turns opposite to my turn around and blocks my path while pulling up alongside.

From his truck he motions he wants to pow-wow.
I roll the window down and the ball cap-wearing guy asks, "Does your friend want to tell me something?" ("What?") "Well, it looked like he flipped me the finger back there!" (I looked at the gf [in her own ball cap and sunglasses], "Did you give him the finger?", but by her dumbfounded look - and that I've never before seen her give anyone the bird, before - I turn back and say, "-don't know what you're talking about." Awkward silence.

So I pull forward, going around him. He follows us. I turn to leave our subdivision. He follows to the boulevard, then turns to go further into the subdivision.

Only after we both calmed down a little enough to figure just what had just happened did the gf & I figure how many things we'd done wrong:
-We had a cell phone.
-We didn't get a license plate number.
-I pulled into a cut-off situation.

Later, while I spot-repaired some paint on my Corolla, did I come to some real world conclusions re such.
Never again.

And I was reminded of that great lesson from The Godfather:
Don Corleone: I hope you don't mind the way I keep going over this Barzini business.
Michael: No, not at all.
Don Corleone: It's an old habit. I spent my whole life trying not to be careless. Women and children can afford to be careless, but not men.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

Lonnie - That situation would have rattled me. Glad it turned out ok.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:06 AM
darth
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Annual leaf harvest up here managed to shred about 1000 bushels of leaves on Sunday whether was great.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:20 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I got my heater area all closed back up after the seledoid replacements. I took a nice top down ride to Daytona Beach on saturday and then on the way home stopped to watched a few cars testing at the track for the Rolex 24 I guess. My next Porsche related project will be to change the oil in the Turbo next weekend. i havent ever done it before but from what I read isnt to hard.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:46 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

After this weekend, I think my central nervous system is drained. 500+ miles of spirited driving this weekend. Lots of fun, and the 964 didn't miss a beat the whole time. What a champ!

Cars and Coffee on Saturday, drove down in a friends Summer Yellow '88 couple. The '88 may only be two years older, but it's a very different beast. You have to experience the directness of a torsion bar car's steering! C&C had some amazing cars in the parking lot:

http://picasaweb.google.com/udoreisi...sOutForKoffee#

I spent Sunday chasing the the turbo hooligans at OKTUBOFEST... the sound of BOOST was everywhere in the air....

http://picasaweb.google.com/udoreisinger2/OKTURBOFEST#
Attached Images         
Old 11-09-2009, 11:53 AM
hawk911
Race Car

You don't see too many Nobles on the road. How was it received? Lots of onlookers with questions, or was it ignored for being a Ford?
Old 11-09-2009, 12:06 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

It was kind of an over the top experience to begin with (mega speed with guys running on BOOST)

The hills were alive, there were groups everywhere, going insane speeds. There was so much eye candy out everywhere we went, sport bikes, rat rods, Porsches, etc. that it was hard to separate any parts of the experience. I drove behind it for quite a while... let me just say you don't buy a Noble and then drive it slow. I heard it scape the ground all day and it's not an easy car to do a quick turn around in! The whole time I followed it (video will come in a couple days) I could hear some kind of crazy wizzing, sucking noises as the induction system was engulfing HUGE amounts of air. He as all smiles that's for sure. We would pull up to various stops in a line of fast cars and bikes... everyone looked crazy to the local mountain people...
Old 11-09-2009, 12:26 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Cool. thanks for sharing Udo
Old 11-09-2009, 12:27 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That Gulf GT peeking in is looking pretty nice...
Old 11-09-2009, 01:45 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

1000 miles of 964 this weekend

I drove up to Boston Friday. The 964 ran absolutely flawlessly. It is not a bad touring car. The ergonomics are such that you never really reach for anything making long distance driving easy. The Bilstein shocks and hard springs through NYC was a little rough though.

After I arrived in Boston, my buddies and I went to L street Tavern (the bar from Good Will Hunting). Very cool place. Saturday was spent playing dogs on the beach. Saturday evening was a Bruins game and another bar. Boston is a hell of a town!

The leaves are turning color, clear skies, and clear roads.

This is Pleasure Bay, quite scenic. Times like this I wish I was a photo pro like Hawk or the others here.

Excellent game, excellent venue.

I am in the hat, the one with the ladies.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Shack2112
Advanced

Sounds like everyone here had a good weekend, well perhaps not all. elbeee964 glad to hear everything worked out.
Myself, dropped an engine out of PCA members72 911. What an experiance, in total about a 4 hour job with 4 people and there was no beer involved. Would have probably taken us 3 with beer but who knows what parts would have been broken or missing at the end!

Also took a drive with another Porsche owner and saw multiple 911's, it was a great drive. I think this was the first time that someone else flashed their lights for a change.

Life is good

John
1990 964 C4 aka "Baby"
Old 11-09-2009, 06:29 PM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

heh. This photo tickled me. Off the old R&T, Bob mused classic:

Name:  beachboomer1.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  110.0 KB
Old 11-09-2009, 08:24 PM
DDotson
Advanced

Spent about 4 hours behind the wheel of the 964 this weekend - great drives. I can tell the car really wants to go to the track and let loose, uninhibited by speed limits. I love the way it just pulls away so easily with every shift and then handles the curves like they're not even there - what a joy to drive. I'm also happy to report that my oil indicator is working properly - it was just low last week when I was trying to see if it still worked.
911 Jetta - How often does the C&C take place, and is it in Chapel Hill?

Darryl

Quick Reply: really? It's Monday already?