Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 09:18 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,224 Likes on 599 Posts
Default Craigslist RSA scam

http://houston.craigslist.org/ctd/1443909415.html

This guy is selling an RSA 1993 65k miles claiming he is shipping out to A'stan. Most Craigslist auto scammers seem to use a gmail account and this guy of course is mavet58@gmail.com. Asking $13k for the car and it is of course in storage.

I am selling this car because my platoon has been sent back to Afghanistan and don't want it get old in my backyard. The price is low because I need to sell it before November 5. It has no damage, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained and hasn't been involved in any accident..I do have the title , clear, under my name.The car have 61,542 miles, year 1993 and VIN WP0AB2962PS419368
It is still available for sale if interested, price as stated in the ad $13,000. The car is in Great Falls, MT, in case it gets sold I will take care of shipping. Let me know if you are interested, email back.
Regards!!!

As I've told you at this moment I am in Great Falls, MT in a military base getting ready for Afghanistan. This mean that I do a special training program and I am not allowed to get out of the unit or give calls whenever I want. The shipping can't be a problem because I can do it at no cost for you.
eBay is the third party involved who will offer us both protection.Let me tell you how we will make this deal:
1.You will have to give me your full name and shipping address and I will open a case.
2.You will be contacted by eBay
3.You will send the money at eBay
4. I will start the shipping process
5.In 3-4 days the car and all the documents that you need to pass it on to your name will arrive to the address you provided to eBay
6.You will have 5 days to inspect and test drive the car
7.If there are any kind of problems with the car which I don't think will be the case, you will be fully refunded and I will take responsibility to pay around $200 to ship it to the closest eBay warehouse until I find another buyer.
The payment you make will be kept by eBay until you will receive and inspect the car.There is no risk in this deal.The transaction is simple so everything should go as planned.I have to tell you I will sell the car to the first one who starts this deal by sending the payment.
Have a good day and hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks!
I tell him I have a cousin at Malmstrom (AFB) there who can check it out. He doesn't recognize the name so I am certain he is just another scammer.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Sultan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its was flagged for removal, postive on the "scammage"
Old 11-01-2009, 10:49 PM
N51
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=eclou;7037832]http://houston.craigslist.org/ctd/1443909415.html

This guy is selling an RSA 1993 65k miles claiming he is shipping out to A'stan. Most Craigslist auto scammers seem to use a gmail account and this guy of course is mavet58@gmail.com. Asking $13k for the car and it is of course in storage.

What are you savings us from?
Another easy 'C' scam?
Who cares?

We're not dolts, here.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:00 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by N51
What are you savings us from?
Another easy 'C' scam?
Who cares?

We're not dolts, here.
my actual intentions were just to annoy you specifically. You fell into the trap nicely
Old 11-01-2009, 11:46 PM
N51
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by eclou
my actual intentions were just to annoy you specifically. You fell into the trap nicely
Presently, on the over-night trades, the dollar is down, crude and gold up.
I understand profit and loss. Tell me, what is the profit of a lie?
Old 11-02-2009, 12:10 AM
pete000
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These scammers are so bad. They crack me up. I saw one once for a 2004 Boxster S with 14K miles needed to get 9 grand for it because he was heading back to England at the end of the month. Of course all he wanted was $250.00 deposit to "lock the deal !"
Old 11-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by N51
Presently, on the over-night trades, the dollar is down, crude and gold up.
I understand profit and loss. Tell me, what is the profit of a lie?
Why all the hate? who cares why he posted it, if you dont care for the post then move on.

Slinging around the big hammer in those markets? or watching the globex
Old 11-03-2009, 03:25 PM
imblessed
7th Gear

Default same story different auto...

The following from the bottom up is my interaction with this person.... is there something he can do with my name and address that he received?

To: Terri <imblessed2bfree@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tue, November 3, 2009 10:32:16 AM
Subject: Re: 04 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4X4 No Mechanical Problems

I have received your info and I have used them to open a case at eBay about our deal. They will contact you soon with everything you have to do to get in possession of the SUV.

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Maverick <mavet58@gmail.com>
Sent: Tue, November 3, 2009 11:47:44 AM

Hey, I sent it on this email.... sorry it wasnt clear...

Name
****** name
****** address...

Blessings To You,
Victory/Tia

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain!
What Spirit possesses you in times of pain, difficulty, or impossibility? Do you sing and pray to Him or moan and groan to men in the midnight hour of adversity?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tue, November 3, 2009 10:32:16 AM

If you wish to move forward with this deal and in order to open a case at eBay about our deal, please send me your full name and the address where you want to receive the car. eBay will contact you with everything you have to do to get in possession of the car.
I hope that I will hear from you as soon as possible.
Thanks!

To: Maverick <mavet58@gmail.com>
Sent: Tue, November 3, 2009 11:00:12 AM

Hey, we are kinda iffy about putting out that kinda money this way but Hubby says he will talk to ebay
****** name
****** address...

Blessings To You,
Victory/Tia

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain!
What Spirit possesses you in times of pain, difficulty, or impossibility? Do you sing and pray to Him or moan and groan to men in the midnight hour of adversity?

Sent: Sun, November 1, 2009 4:20:50 PM

As I've told you at this moment I am in Great Falls, MT in a military base getting ready for Afghanistan. This mean that I do a special training program and I am not allowed to get out of the unit or give calls whenever I want. The shipping can't be a problem because I can do it at no cost for you.
eBay is the third party involved who will offer us both protection.Let me tell you how we will make this deal:
1.You will have to give me your full name and shipping address and I will open a case.
2.You will be contacted by eBay
3.You will send the money at eBay
4. I will start the shipping process
5.In 3-4 days the car and all the documents that you need to pass it on to your name will arrive to the address you provided to eBay
6.You will have 5 days to inspect and test drive the car
7.If there are any kind of problems with the car which I don't think will be the case, you will be fully refunded and I will take responsibility to pay around $200 to ship it to the closest eBay warehouse until I find another buyer.
The payment you make will be kept by eBay until you will receive and inspect the car.There is no risk in this deal.The transaction is simple so everything should go as planned.I have to tell you I will sell the car to the first one who starts this deal by sending the payment.
Have a good day and hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks!

To: Maverick Thomson <mavet58@googlemail.com>
Sent: Fri, October 30, 2009 6:25:20 PM

I would absolutely love to have it but I am in Beaumont Texas. I had a feeling it wasnt gonna be close...

Blessings To You,
Victory/Tia

Sent: Fri, October 30, 2009 8:22:14 AM

Hi,
I am selling this SUV because my platoon has been sent back to Afghanistan and don't want it get old in my backyard. The price is low because I need to sell it before November 5. It has no damage, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained and hasn't been involved in any accident..I do have the title , clear, under my name.The SUV have 75,261 miles, year 2004 and VIN JTEBU14R940040574.
It is still available for sale if interested, price as stated in the ad $4500. The SUV is in Great Falls, MT, in case it gets sold I will take care of shipping. Let me know if you are interested, email back.
Regards!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 03:29 PM
imblessed
7th Gear

So I very much appreciate this warning b4 I went any further...
Old 11-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

I would expect to get a spoof email which will look like an eBay email telling you where to wire the money.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:00 PM
imblessed
7th Gear

My concern is that I have given him my name and address which he doesn't need to send a spoof email...
Old 11-03-2009, 04:30 PM
imblessed
7th Gear

I sent the same bunch of emails posted above to ebay and this is the response...

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your concern with the
authenticity of your transaction with mavet58@gmail.com for a 2004
Toyota 4Runner SR5 4X4.

I can confirm that the person who offers to sell a 04 Toyota 4Runner SR5
4X4 is a possible fraud. The email address mavet58@gmail.com is not on
our database of registered eBay users. I strongly suggest not to follow
through with the transaction. Our Trust & Safety team is working to
disable any websites it links to.

Terri
Old 11-03-2009, 04:43 PM
imblessed
7th Gear

I just found the same auto with vin number on ebay for 17,000... wow! it pays to investigate and google!
T
Old 11-03-2009, 04:48 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...fCarsQ5fTrucks

same VIN as the Craigslist scam
Old 11-03-2009, 04:52 PM
imblessed
7th Gear