Notices
964 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 to 964 oil level/temp gauge compatabilty

 
Old 11-01-2009, 03:15 PM
  #1  
Megatron-UK
User
Thread Starter
 
Megatron-UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: North-east England, United Kingdom
Posts: 882
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 993 to 964 oil level/temp gauge compatabilty

I have the standard flaking/cracking of the translucent covering of the warning lights in my oil level gauge and was wondering, seeing as how 993 gauges seem to be easier to find, if the later oil level gauge is a simple plug and play replacement in the 964/964 turbo?

Has anyone done this? Is there any difference between C2/C4/Auto models that I need to be aware of?
Megatron-UK is offline  
Old 11-26-2009, 10:37 PM
  #2  
anto1150
User
 
anto1150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Abruzzo (ITALY)
Posts: 580
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

+1 interested...
anto1150 is offline  
Old 11-26-2009, 10:45 PM
  #3  
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member
 
ilko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 15,752
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

It is a plug and play replacement. They are identical with the only difference being the location of the warning lights. If you can live with that you're set, just make sure you have a bulb in every socket. I have a 964 oil gauge in my 993, and it works fine as well. There is no difference between C2, C4, turbo, or tiptronic, as long as all the bulbs are in the cluster.
ilko is offline  
Old 08-15-2018, 01:23 PM
  #4  
Patrik S
User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 281
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ilko View Post
It is a plug and play replacement. They are identical with the only difference being the location of the warning lights. If you can live with that you're set, just make sure you have a bulb in every socket. I have a 964 oil gauge in my 993, and it works fine as well. There is no difference between C2, C4, turbo, or tiptronic, as long as all the bulbs are in the cluster.
Love Rennlist
I had a problem finding out this 964/993 oil level/temp gauge compatabilty, and here (since 2009) was the anwser
Patrik S is offline  
Old 08-15-2018, 01:42 PM
  #5  
The Italian Pursuit
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
The Italian Pursuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 753
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ilko View Post
It is a plug and play replacement. They are identical with the only difference being the location of the warning lights. If you can live with that you're set, just make sure you have a bulb in every socket. I have a 964 oil gauge in my 993, and it works fine as well. There is no difference between C2, C4, turbo, or tiptronic, as long as all the bulbs are in the cluster.
Wait: does t mean that if the - for example - ABS warning light is lit it actually means low water for windshield wiper sprayers??
The Italian Pursuit is offline  
Old 08-15-2018, 02:50 PM
  #6  
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

 
JasonAndreas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: USVI
Posts: 7,761
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by The Italian Pursuit View Post
Wait: does t mean that if the - for example - ABS warning light is lit it actually means low water for windshield wiper sprayers??
The level gauge (oil & fuel) are the exact same part number for the 964 and 993 (964.641.202.00). It is the pressure and temperature gauge that is different.


Originally Posted by Patrik S
I had a problem finding out this 964/993 oil level/temp gauge compatabilty
If your gauge appears to not be working correctly, clean the tarnish & corrosion from the pin contacts at the rear!



JasonAndreas is offline  
Old 08-15-2018, 05:54 PM
  #7  
Patrik S
User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 281
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas View Post
The level gauge (oil & fuel) are the exact same part number for the 964 and 993 (964.641.202.00). It is the pressure and temperature gauge that is different.




If your gauge appears to not be working correctly, clean the tarnish & corrosion from the pin contacts at the rear!

I will try cleaning but its looks ok.
Sometime the temp gauge goes instantly up from normal too max. When I tap the gauge with my finger it goes instantly down again. The pressure gauge and other waninglamps works OK.
Patrik S is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: