4.62%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: The Informant!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 01:14 PM
J-F-O
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rented the movie this weekend. It started off very well with scenes of the 964. I watched the movie hoping to see more of the car. The film itself was good although it helps to know about the background to the story.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Boeing 717

Received 262 Likes on 158 Posts

Nope...... i would love to see your car but im done with Matt Damon, George Clooney and Brad Pitt.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:19 PM
DWS964
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Boeing 717
Nope...... i would love to see your car but im done with Matt Damon, George Clooney and Brad Pitt.
It's worth the cost of a rental for the first minute.
:-)
Old 03-08-2010, 07:51 AM
breale01
Racer

I didn't even have to shell out for a rental....I saw the film (free) on an Air Canada flight two weeks ago. I too was hoping for more scenes with the 964, so after the film was over, I just kept replaying the beginning. Were the aero mirrors retrofit, or standard? If retrofit, did any of the film makers question the authenticity of the car?
Old 03-08-2010, 10:51 AM
DWS964
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

The aero mirrors were standard on a 92, so they are correct. The director specifically searched for a 92 car.
Interesting note - several months after they finished filming with my car, the transportation director called me to see if I knew of a similar car in CA, that they could use for a quick fill-in shot. I offered to do a road trip to CA from IN, but they declined. He said he found a red 90, and I told him that it may have differences, like wheels and mirrors. He said he noticed that, but said it would not be a problem. I am anxious to watch the film again in detail to see if I can spot the substitute car.
Yes, it was disappointing to not see much of the car elsewhere in the film. It shows up in a garage shot later in the film, but I think that is it. We were present for the day of filming for the scene with the camera looking into the windshield with Matt driving and his son riding along. We also saw filming of scenes at the house, with Matt walking out to the driveway to talk with reporters. And we saw all the "fake" stuff installed around the house and garage and pool to create multiple seasons. We also had lunch with the cast and crew in the green barn you see in the background of some shots. Overall, a fun experience.
The car is still resting in my shop, waiting for a decision and commitment to rebuild it. I started it up on Saturday to freshen it up a bit.
My wife is planning a "Red Carpet" party at our house on Saturday to celebrate with the star and have a viewing of the film. Any 964'ers are welcome to attend!
Old 03-10-2010, 05:01 PM
breale01
Racer

Thanks for the invite! If it wasn't a 12 hour drive, I'd be there with my 'corn.

Post some pictures after the event!
Old 03-10-2010, 05:16 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 187 Posts

I watched the movie on Jet Blue during a recent flight to Vegas. Very quirky and fun, but it's the type of movie that you'll have to see again to really get all the details. And I'm planning to see it again once the DVD comes out.

If you don't need to part out the car and you don't need the space it takes, I'd say put it back together slowly. It will always be worth more IMO. Even with the accident history, as long as it is repaired properly.

Quick Reply: Poll: The Informant!