Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HR anti roll bars - are they worth the money??

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 03:14 AM
MortenKoch
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HR anti roll bars - are they worth the money??

Hi guys, I need help.

I just bought a new KW Variant 3 suspension foro my '91 Carrera 2, which will be installed in the next few weeks. I was thinking about upgrading the sway bars at the same time, but don't know if it is worth the money over the originals. I have found a set of HR sway bars on the web for about £350, which i think is pretty expensive. So the question is, do any of your have experiences with the these bars, and are the worth the money? I don't mind spending the money if the handling improves significantly.

Here is a link to a website that offer the sway bars. http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pag...roduct=4008096

Thinks in advance!
Old 10-20-2009, 04:48 AM
anto1150
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MortenKoch
Hi guys, I need help.

I just bought a new KW Variant 3 suspension foro my '91 Carrera 2, which will be installed in the next few weeks. I was thinking about upgrading the sway bars at the same time, but don't know if it is worth the money over the originals. I have found a set of HR sway bars on the web for about £350, which i think is pretty expensive. So the question is, do any of your have experiences with the these bars, and are the worth the money? I don't mind spending the money if the handling improves significantly.

Here is a link to a website that offer the sway bars. http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pag...roduct=4008096

Thinks in advance!
I wouldn't choose a 26mm-rear-sway on a C2... could become oversteering. Unless you use the car ONLY on tight bends (mountain roads).
Old 10-20-2009, 11:03 AM
MortenKoch
Advanced

Of course I would like the car to handle better on the track, but i also spend a lot of time driving around on the highways and freeways. So it still needs to be a good daily driver. So how about the front, would you upgrade the front sway bar or leave it original?
Old 10-20-2009, 01:17 PM
ian89C4
Pro

just my 2 cents being that I have a C4......

I have the 24mm and 26mm H&R sways bars in the front and back respectivly. I have the rears on their softest setting and the fronts on there hardest setting and it helps with the understeer of the AWD on the track at high-speeds. The body roll has gone down immensly by the way.

I know that the H&R bars offer different settings, how that will help out a C2 I couldn't tell you, but the really help out my C4.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:31 PM
anto1150
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MortenKoch
Of course I would like the car to handle better on the track, but i also spend a lot of time driving around on the highways and freeways. So it still needs to be a good daily driver. So how about the front, would you upgrade the front sway bar or leave it original?
The front is another story... normally the bigger the more slippery (understeer), but sometimes (especially on 911s) it's the opposite. So... it's up to you and how you feel and want the car...
Old 10-22-2009, 04:08 PM
MortenKoch
Advanced

great, thanks for info guys. I will stick with the new suspension setup for now, and hopefully that will enhance the ride dramatically - I'm sure it will ;-)

Quick Reply: HR anti roll bars - are they worth the money??