Sponsored by:

mesh on front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 10:38 PM
wellcraft290
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts
Default mesh on front bumper

On the drivers side seems to be in and not attached to the body colored bumper. Loose. Is there a way to repair without removing bumper? I tried but looks like the plastic on teh mesh is maybe messed up. Really not sure but can't get it to pop back in.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Need to look at the mesh... it just clips in place. If the tabs in the bumper are broken or the rectangular holes in the mesh are broken you will not be able to put it back as it came from the factory... some expoxy might come in handy or alternate method...
Old 10-05-2009, 01:42 PM
wellcraft290
Three Wheelin'

yeah I think so but hard to pull forward because no real way to get your hand behind the mesh. I am not sure if the tab is broken. I really don't think it is have to look hard at it this weekend.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by wellcraft290
yeah I think so but hard to pull forward because no real way to get your hand behind the mesh. I am not sure if the tab is broken. I really don't think it is have to look hard at it this weekend.
You do not need to reach behind it to put it back... well, depends how woman like your hands are . If you have hands of a Viking you will have to remove the bottom tray and reach under it.

I doubt the tabs on the bumper broke.... most likely the mesh area that snaps into the tabs broke or came off due to bottoming out in curb, driveway, etc... If you take out the mesh and the tabs are just cracked you can fix them with two part epoxy and, once it dries, snap it back in place.

Good time to fix the smile if it is not straight...

Old 10-05-2009, 03:15 PM
wellcraft290
Three Wheelin'

yeah think that is the problem. Will have to remove and epoxy. passanger side is fine teh drivers side is not clicking back in. will tackle this weekend.

Quick Reply: mesh on front bumper