Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eiback "cup style" from FVD: Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Grigiocorsa
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eiback "cup style" from FVD: Help!!

Dear friends
I was looking for a set of lowering springs to be combined with standard struts and shock absorber for my C4 from 1989.
I have ordered (sigh!!) a set of eiback springs from FVD (cup style). Anybody is familiar with them ? will they fit with standard shocks and struts from boge(they say they will lower the car by 35-40 mm).
Thanks for helping
Francesco
Old 10-02-2009, 06:47 PM
anto1150
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think they should be the PROs... veeery soft!
Old 10-02-2009, 08:03 PM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

When I asked a similar question about H&R Greens for my '89 recently, I was advised that standard shocks will work with the sport springs, as far as piston travel, etc. Opinions vary as to best combination of springs and shocks. Eibach springs are "softer' and general consensus here is that they will work best with Boge or Koni and will be very comfotable on even rough roads, but are too soft for "spirited driving, certainly for Auto'x'ing or DE's.

H&R Greens with Bilstein HD's, not Konies or Boges, are most widely recommended here for spirited driving and some competition. Expect to pay $1,100+ for parts. Recommendations for more competition vary from H&R Reds and Bilsteins on the light end to various coilover systems on the aggressive end. Expect to pay $1,900 or so and up, way up, for parts.

Corner balancing after install is recommended by almost everyone, and everyone seems to boast after a system install!

BTW, I just returned a set of Bilstein HD's for our model year to Vertex in Miami today (Great guys, I've traded with them for many years and recommend them very, very highly.) You might get a good price if you mentioin these returns are on the way.

Good luck!
Old 10-03-2009, 04:15 AM
Grigiocorsa
AutoX

Hei Anto ..nice hearing from you..I hope you are doing fine...
I do not think they are the pro Kit (different extent of lowering)..may be I will move to Bilstein HD+red or green HR springs (in the latter case I may change the rear sway bar to increase the size)
Old 10-03-2009, 05:11 AM
anto1150
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hei Anto ..nice hearing from you..I hope you are doing fine...

different extent of lowering
seems the same to me....

may be I will move to Bilstein HD+red or green HR springs (in the latter case I may change the rear sway bar to increase the size)
carefull with larger rear swaybars.... they increase oversteer.

ciao

Quick Reply: Eiback "cup style" from FVD: Help!!