Who knows about this? 964

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 04:47 AM
mattwaite
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who knows about this? 964

Hi,

I've got a black 964 Carrera 4 that's going to need a respray at some point due to imperfections in the paint. I'm thinking if the whole car needs doing, should I consider a new colour. I was thinking about silver, and then I stumbled across this...

Do any of you guys know if this is the standard 964 silver, and if so what the paint code is? Also, having had a look for fuch replica split rims, I have turned out little to no results, where are they available in the UK? What sizes are they likely to be too?

Sorry for the randomness, but I feel a project coming on..

thanks

Matt
Old 09-30-2009, 04:56 AM
mattwaite
Intermediate

Sorry, links are no good

Old 09-30-2009, 04:58 AM
mattwaite
Intermediate

Old 09-30-2009, 05:25 AM
evoderby
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Matt,

Hard to tell whether the car in the pictures is OE Polar Silver as the pictures have been photoshopped judging by the very clean shadow-lines.

The following site is very handy for finding out paint codes for just about any vehicle:

www.paintscratch.com

As far as the Fuchs replica's go, I know www.Zuffenhaus.us do 17". The ones in your picture seem to be 18/19", I'm sure someone on here knows where to get them.

Cheers,

Harald
Old 09-30-2009, 06:03 AM
ghhally
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Info on the wheels

http://www.kerscher-tuning.de/raeder/index.php?id=20
Old 09-30-2009, 11:43 PM
DCIdevil
Intermediate

Once I finish my back yard I may just have to convince the wife that I will die unless I have those wheels
Old 09-30-2009, 11:58 PM
darth
Burning Brakes

If you do change the color you have to spray everything (i.e. inside doors, engine compartment, remove labels etc.) adding cost and potentially lowering the value as it will no longer be original if thats of any concern to you. If you get a chip it will be more noticeable as the black may show through. Plus black is such a nice color or should I say shade and silver is good too and easier to keep clean.

Hope that helps
Bill
Old 10-01-2009, 01:21 AM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

I've always been told by "experts" that "If you want your car to be a different color, sell it and buy the color you want". I think the common opinion is that changing the color will definitely lower the value, unless you have a poor condition car to begin with.

I was just under and in the wheel wells of my G.P. White car this weekend, pressure cleaning it before reinstalling the engine. There's body color everywhere that you won't notice until you change the color. I think it's nearly impossible to catch it all in a color change.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:52 AM
mattwaite
Intermediate

Thanks for the advice guys.

Sadly the car has already been resprayed, badly, by the previous owner. It was previously purple but he decided he didn't like it wanting to style it like the Bad Boys car, so I have purple bits here and there and the finish on the black paint 2 years on is very poor, despite plenty of love and attention. It's going to have to be done properly regardless, so I was considering silver. I will stick with the car as I've had most of the engine rebuilt in the last couple of years and mechanically it's very good. Maybe re-paint the car black and colour code the wheel centres is a better option, but that silver one is beautiful!!
Old 10-01-2009, 06:30 AM
meek
Burning Brakes

If it was purple originally, why not re-spray back to that? Rare and great colour, IMO - Viola Metallic?
Old 10-01-2009, 07:53 AM
rcarpen22
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by meek
If it was purple originally, why not re-spray back to that? Rare and great colour, IMO - Viola Metallic?
+1. When I was a kid, there was a purple 964 in the local dealership for a while. I wanted that car so bad!

Quick Reply: Who knows about this? 964