what m/c do you have?
Hi Bill, It's a 993 MC

Cheers
Old 09-06-2009, 12:10 AM
a964man
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by darth
Just trying to get a handle on the sequence of events: Big Brake done 1st a couple years ago and no apparent issues with braking. Then a couple thousand miles ago the "scary moment" occured after which a geometry change was done. Or was the geometry change done before the "scary moment" braking? I remember having to replace my rear tires without changing the front tires and with the dissimilar tire tread on the front and back it created a tramlinning issue which I would describe as scary when on uneven pavement at highway speeds. After purchasing matching front tires the tramling dissappeared. My point being, that these cars are very sensitive to geometry and if you changed the geometry before the "scary moment" I would definitely consider that as suspect. The bias and the fact that you're not seeing equal clamping pressure on both sides of the disk is also of concern and I would definitly look to see that nothing is binding on the inside brakes pads as they should self center on the rotors when brake pressure is applied - maybe just not enough, caused by an incorrect bias.
Bill
Hi Bill, I had the moment after the Gio set-up, I see where your coming from, however the car is far more stable at high speeds now, but this is really showing up the braking issue now I have stability under throttle.

This is all pointing to the rear brakes needing some serious attention/remove and inspect, I'll get this done ASAP and report back, many thanks for the input from everyone.

Cheers

Andrew
Old 09-06-2009, 06:18 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Andrew, does the back feel like it's sliding about under hard braking? If so, try softening the rebound at the top of your rear KW3s. Just unwind them half a turn. Worked for me.

Quick Reply: Very unstable under heavy breaking!!