Sponsored by:

PSS10's

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 04:08 PM
BHMav8r
Rennlist Member

Received 2,653 Likes on 1,678 Posts
Question PSS10's

I bought a set of Bilstein PSS10's for my '92 C2 cab - primarily to update the shocks and lower it about an inch. The adds listed average lowering of about 40mm (1.57") and fully adjustable.

The info that came with the set shows only 20mm (.79") adjustable for the front and only 10mm (0.39") adjustable in the back.

I'm a little nervous it will end up to low ("slammed")

Any suggestions on where to start off with the ride height? Highest? - and will that be about an inch lower? That would leave about a 3/8" to further lower it in the back and about 3/4" further to lower it in the front.

I dont track the car, but do take some liberties around town. I was thinking of setting 6 in the front and 5 in the rear.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:26 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Well - to be honest - there is no set formula (you KNEW I was going to say that - right?? ).. It all has to do with perch height, spring rate and load (<- the weight of the car on that spring).. Anyway - when I did my mine - I started about 3/4 of the way up on the adj. collars... Set her down - and drove down the street (SLOWLY!! Your fronts will be WAY OUT OF WHACK!) to settle the suspension... Came back - and adjusted the collars up or down depending on how it settled.... Then - do it again (drive the car up down the street SLOWLY) - and retake the measurements... On PSS10's - I think there is a .75" total adjustment out of each corner? I could suggest corner balancing - but - well - I haven't CB mine - so welcome to my world

Also - the adjust **** adjusts shock firmness rather than RIDE HEIGHT (I think you may know that - but, wasn't sure from your post?).. Lower numbers are "harder" (track) and higher numbers are "softer" (street). I'm using 8 & 9 (street) and 4 & 5 (track)...

You may find 5/6 a bit stiff for my area (lots of frost heaves) but OK for your roads?

John

Quick Reply: PSS10's