Sponsored by:

Monday - what can I say?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 11:05 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Monday - what can I say?

Well, not much going on. No P-car activity and no photoshoot; the model cancelled on the marketing guy Friday night. At least she gave him some notice

Car needs a bath big time. The week is crazy busy though; a bridal shoot tomorrow, and a profile shoot for a modeling agency thursday, then we have friends coming up for the weekend. not sure when I'll have time to breathe.

what about you- anything fun this weekend?
Old 07-27-2009, 11:23 AM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was quite the weekend. We went camping on the Shenandoah. I took the 964 down some muddy back roads rally style for fun. LOL

Sunday the GF and I went out looking at cars. First we went to the Porsche dealership in Rockville, MD. The sales guy laughed at my 911 because it was filthy from camping. If you have C4 power, why not use it?

We looked at the Cayman S. It was $57K. I was afraid to drive it because I did not want to impulse buy a car that day TBH as the finance figures fall, I am not seeing the value in a new Cayman. I would GREATLY prefer a 964 3.6 turbo or 993TT over a Cayman. We also saw a 964 RUF turbo, that was a hot car. I am bringing my camera next time I look at cars.

Everything worked on my car until the way home, a power window switch broke. That was an easy fix as per the Rennlist write up.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:30 AM
9six4
Racer

I did a lapping day on Saturday at a small track close to a cottage that we'd rented for the previous week. There were only 10 cars there (no other p-cars) which meant six hours of unlimited lapping. It rained heavily for an hour which allowed me to push the car in the wet and I enjoyed every minute of it. I'm still amazed at the grip levels even in the wet. I had a couple of moments, but stayed on the track. I was able to test out the new engine mounts (Wevo) and there was a definite improvement.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Sirenty
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueHeeler
It was quite the weekend. We went camping on the Shenandoah. I took the 964 down some muddy back roads rally style for fun. LOL
Could you give some hints on where your camp site was? That looks pretty sweet being next to the water.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:32 PM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I keep *looking* at the pcar walking in and out of the garage as I work on home projects. Still on jack stands until I find the time to see if I can get the exhaust manifold nuts loose using heat. It's beginning to look like well into August before I get my daily driver back on the road due to house projects and upcoming work travel. ugh. I miss it. Also will miss my first DE this week. And haven't yet run in my new tires.

Wow, this post turned ugly fast!

Good news is, she's still mine and I will get her running again in due time.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:34 PM
ChaseN
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BlueHeeler
It was quite the weekend. We went camping on the Shenandoah. I took the 964 down some muddy back roads rally style for fun.
Another 964 in the Shenandoah Valley? Damn, that would've been a first sighting for me, I think. Some of the roads around here are downright un-friendly to a P-car...glad you managed to make it through without incident Driving around here I have to fix the bumper's "frown" about once every other week...
Old 07-27-2009, 01:39 PM
pete000
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did one fender to body seal replacement. Tore up one seal in the process. Luckily they are only 5 bucks. Those things are a royal pain in the A--! now to do the other side.

Also replaced my ash tray. Previous owner messed up the orig. by doing some mod for an electronics item. Like new and working perfectly now.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:45 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I took the advice on here a couple weeks ago about adding the Lucas stop leak to my PS fluid. It seems to be working as my resoviour has not gone down any.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Very little P-car time this weekend. I did succeed in finishing my house deck project Saturday around 7:30. We started at 8:30am and worked all day, except for a short lunch break. It feels great to be finished but wow, its a lot of physical labor! I'll post photos once I can find the dang USB cable for the camera. It wasn't with the camera.

On Sunday, I did very little. I was physically very tired. My typical 10 hour work days, sitting in front of a computer, did not prepare my body for manual labor. I did manage to put away all of the tools in the garage and did a pre-tech my car. Its going in for a tech inspection on Wednesday for an upcoming DE event at NHMS (Louden, NH). Other than the tire pressures being a little low and the car needing a bath, it looks to be ready.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:10 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Modian
Could you give some hints on where your camp site was? That looks pretty sweet being next to the water.
The campsite is called Goldenrock in Bentonville, VA near Front Royal. It is part of the Downriver Canoe Company. I have been going there for 4 years. It is a great location.

http://www.downriver.com/howtofindus

Originally Posted by ChaseN
Another 964 in the Shenandoah Valley? Damn, that would've been a first sighting for me, I think. Some of the roads around here are downright un-friendly to a P-car...glad you managed to make it through without incident Driving around here I have to fix the bumper's "frown" about once every other week...
I could not believe how much attention the car got, not all of it good. I had to stop in a Front Royal parking lot to give the dog some water. People slowed, children pointed, and a 45 year old woman pulled up next to me in her 1988 Buick LeSabre and revved her engine for about 5 minutes while the pup was drinking. Weird.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:09 PM
DaveK
Race Car

I've not seen my car for over a week, since I'm on holiday in Miami (although just had 4 nights in Cancun). I don't fly back until Sunday - but the good news is, while I'm here the 964 is actually in the body shop having some rust sorted out. Both rear wings and one front wing are being done - where the bumpers meet the wing.

The first thing I'll do when I land on Monday is to collect my newly painted car. In fact - I might even get the taxi to take me there directly from the airport!
Old 07-28-2009, 01:02 PM
Chimera
Rennlist Member

There was another great autocrossing event Sunday in West Fargo.

Doc
Attached Images  
Old 07-28-2009, 01:50 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DaveK
I've not seen my car for over a week, since I'm on holiday in Miami (although just had 4 nights in Cancun). I don't fly back until Sunday - but the good news is, while I'm here the 964 is actually in the body shop having some rust sorted out. Both rear wings and one front wing are being done - where the bumpers meet the wing.

The first thing I'll do when I land on Monday is to collect my newly painted car. In fact - I might even get the taxi to take me there directly from the airport!
British to American speak

Wing = fender

Quick Reply: Monday - what can I say?