Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warning Lights Popping On

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 11:40 AM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Warning Lights Popping On

I have an odd senario happening when I start the car.
First, I get the "ABS" and "Gearshift" lights, and it will stay on as long as I don't rev the engine (I can come off of the "idle switch"). However, as soon as I blip the throttle past 2500 RPM, the ABS light goes out....and then the "Airbag" light illuminates!

I have done the following:

When it first happened, I had the "Christmas Tree" effect. I measured the battery voltage, and it was bouncing between 14 V and 10+ V. the lights would dim then brighten every few seconds. A few minutes of running, and the voltage showed 13.6 V and with the engine off, the battery was 12.3 V.

Put the Battery Maintainer on for a full day.

Scantooled on numerous occasions - while it's running, I can erase the code and light on the Airbag. But once I turn off the car and restart, I get the same sequence of the ABS, followed by the Airbag light. Ran the Adaption program.

Removed and cleaned the Accelerometer (only 1 as this is a C2 - Tip). Accelerometer was perfectly clean. I had done the Clock cold solder joint repair a couple of years ago, but then, I had the Seatbelt and Airbag lights on.

Drove the $h!t out of it, with no loss of power!

Read every Post on RL regarding Alternators, ABS and Accelerometers. And also read Adrien's book.

Now, I'm lost...wondering if it could be a bad cell in the battery (Optima), or a sporadic Voltage Regulator or Alternator.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Old 07-14-2009, 12:38 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

O.T but where is the accelerometer on a TIP?
Old 07-14-2009, 12:45 PM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jimq
O.T but where is the accelerometer on a TIP?
Under the center console, Small cutout on Pass side, held in by screws. The Accelerometer is mounted horizontally under a relay, and is a bitch to get out, there are 2 screws, 1 in front and the other is just plain unaccessable!

Quick Reply: Warning Lights Popping On