Sponsored by:

Chips away - UK ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 06:53 AM
Mark J
Trial Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chips away - UK ?

Have picked up a few minor stone chips and scuffs over my recent long journeys and want to get them sorted.
Has anyone here used 'Chips-away' or similar mobile bodywork repair teams ?

Have also noticed some worrying rust bubbling under drivers side headlamp which i hadnt seen before is that a quick fix/common ? Its not on the lip edge around the headlamp but more where the rubber strip runs around the corner. I guess a stone chip has taken the paint off at some point and allowed moisture in under the paintwork ?

If anyone else has any recommendations for Porsche paint repairs in the Kent area would be useful too.

Thanks
Old 07-03-2009, 09:29 AM
jneteler
Racer

Mark,

I just had a bit of rust repaired under the rear window rubber. It looked like a bubble in the rubber seal. After removing the windscreen they found it to be a hole in the metal and not just surface rust.

Moral of the story: Get it fixed early and fixed right.

YMMV

Regards,

JNeteler
Old 07-03-2009, 03:39 PM
DJS
Advanced

Hi Mark,

I had a chat a couple of years ago with the local "Chips away" franchisee about a few "normal" stone chips on my bonnet. He was pleasingly honest in advising that he could not provide an invisible service and that I would probably be disappointed if I insisted on going ahead. Nett result? Full front end respray but at least I wasn't disappointed with the quality!

Good luck!

David

Quick Reply: Chips away - UK ?