Old 06-26-2009, 10:15 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fog lamp warning lights

My car has just failed it's MOT due to:

'Rear fog lamp not working'

'Rear fog lamp dash light not illuminating'

I'm disputing this because on collecting the car and checking it out I see that the rear fog lamps work as long as the front fog lamps are also on and the light in the pull switch is illuminating.

Am I right that the rear fogs ONLY work when the fronts are on and that the ONLY dash warning light for the fog lamps is on the switch - i.e. there are no additional lights in the dash?

The testing centre don't see many 964s so I guess they're working in the dark as to what and what shouldn't happen (no pun intended).
Old 06-26-2009, 10:23 AM
bawmnot
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Boxey - mine work like you describe, rears only work when fronts are on. Also, the only dash lights for fogs are on the switches afaik - and I checked the dash lights in the manual today because i was greeted by a brake disk light this morning!

For info, a good garage for MOTs I have used over your way is Woolston Car Centre (WA1 4AE) - I know Unit11 use them, so they are well used to 964/911s.

Originally Posted by boxsey911
My car has just failed it's MOT due to:

'Rear fog lamp not working'

'Rear fog lamp dash light not illuminating'

I'm disputing this because on collecting the car and checking it out I see that the rear fog lamps work as long as the front fog lamps are also on and the light in the pull switch is illuminating.

Am I right that the rear fogs ONLY work when the fronts are on and that the ONLY dash warning light for the fog lamps is on the switch - i.e. there are no additional lights in the dash?

The testing centre don't see many 964s so I guess they're working in the dark as to what and what shouldn't happen (no pun intended).
Old 06-26-2009, 11:09 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is also the same.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:17 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys. They realised their error and it passed a few minutes ago

Just goes to show it's worth checking these things straight away and not just accepting their decision.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:45 PM
Jeff PE
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For what it's worth, this is the same arrangement (i.e., rear fogs lamps only function in conjunction with front lamps, whereas front can function without rear) as used by Audi, so that MOT ought not be too surprised. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Fog lamp warning lights