Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Clutch Bleed Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 03:04 PM
tgage
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I seem to remember wishing that I had had a brake line cap to prevent Super Blue from running all over the place when I removed the connection line to the tube running from the front of the car. Instead I played this finger dance trying to connect parts while also preventing oil from squirting around with the other hand. I also needed to use PB on that joint for a few days before I could get it to budge. Not sure, but I think on reassembly the clutch line to the connection hose needs to be connected first to the slave cylinder.

Since it is such a pain to bleed the slave cylinder, I also removed the nipple from the slave cylinder and ran a new metal brake line connection from the slave cylinder to down below to help make it easier to do future clutch bleeds.

tom
Old 06-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Ag02M5
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tgage
I seem to remember wishing that I had had a brake line cap to prevent Super Blue from running all over the place when I removed the connection line to the tube running from the front of the car. Instead I played this finger dance trying to connect parts while also preventing oil from squirting around with the other hand. I also needed to use PB on that joint for a few days before I could get it to budge. Not sure, but I think on reassembly the clutch line to the connection hose needs to be connected first to the slave cylinder.

Since it is such a pain to bleed the slave cylinder, I also removed the nipple from the slave cylinder and ran a new metal brake line connection from the slave cylinder to down below to help make it easier to do future clutch bleeds.

tom
Any pics? Sounds like a good idea. What part and where for the extension?

Thanks.

RT
Old 06-28-2009, 01:13 AM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Metal Guru
...These cars provide endless hours of entertainment.
Is THAT what you call it? It felt more like something else on Friday when I was contorted underneath my car.

...Since it is such a pain to bleed the slave cylinder, I also removed the nipple from the slave cylinder and ran a new metal brake line connection from the slave cylinder to down below to help make it easier to do future clutch bleeds.

tom
That sounds like an excellent idea! A pain once... Then easy forever more.

Do you have apic of that setup? You'd really only need 12" - 18" or so to make it easier.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:01 PM
tgage
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, spent the weekend fly fishing and just getting back. I'll jack the car up tomorrow and take a pic. The bleeder valve thread to the slave cylinder is small and required an adaptor. From there I used a 12 steel brake line with a bleeder nipple at the end. I'll get some specifics...
Old 06-28-2009, 11:03 PM
Ag02M5
Three Wheelin'

Sorry, spent the weekend fly fishing and just getting back. I'll jack the car up tomorrow and take a pic. The bleeder valve thread to the slave cylinder is small and required an adaptor. From there I used a 12 steel brake line with a bleeder nipple at the end. I'll get some specifics...
Thanks. Going to be starting this job in a week or so.

If you remember where you bought the bits and pieces...

I thought about doing something similar when replacing the fuel accumulator because it is a #$^#$%. Ended up in a rush and put it back in as it was.

Cheers.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:39 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 233 Posts

Great idea! I replaced my slave & hose three years ago - what a pain. I do flush the brake and clutch circuits every year with ATE Blue and a Motive.

Andreas
Old 07-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Ag02M5
Three Wheelin'

Any update?

Old 01-20-2016, 12:44 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 427 Likes on 277 Posts

Bumping an old thread -

post #16 - does anyone know what hardware could be used to adapt the m6 slave bleed hole to the 10mm brake hard line to make this work? I'd love to make it easier to bleed the slave - and since on one of our cars I am about to replace the slave, this is the right time to do this...

Id like to find an m6 male to m10 female designed for bubble flair systems,...but anything that adapts m6 to any brake line standard would work.

Quick Reply: Quick Clutch Bleed Question