Sponsored by:

Monday Morning- and a great weekend

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 10:34 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Monday Morning- and a great weekend

My daughter turned 3 yesterday. We went to the Brewers game, to see a great game lost in the 9th inning. She enjoyed it. We had her b-day party Saturday, and she got a ton of toys.

So in between all that, no seat time, darn it all. I have to get the fuel pump changed before an all-day drive on the 27th. Streetfighter gave me some tips, just need some clock time to get it done.

What about you? Looks like Jaime was busy painting his legs and shoes Red, while others are finding out which bulb is burnt out.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:56 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Saturday was spent making a mess of the garage, and screwing up the spoiler and bumper... Friends from back home gather at a TGI Friday to remember the old days and also watch the fight... as a result I can't remember half of Sunday...

Sunday I stayed home debating if I wanted to fix the mess or paid for someone to fix it for me.... I will be stuffing all the parts in the Armada and driving to the local paint shop to have them finish the work. I can install them once they are properly painted.

A friend that is buying a 996TT stopped by for some tips on the car.

Children went with their mother to see the movie Up. And they went for some pie after that (they have been watching Pushing Daisies and now have this urge for Pie....)

Need to buy some acid to remove all the paint and mess from the tiles in the garage... shoes now have a different color to go with the silver, and I am starting to see the skin in my leg as I remove the red paint...
Old 06-15-2009, 11:11 AM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

(I saw Up yesterday. good movie. Drove car for two nice, long sojourns.)
Old 06-15-2009, 11:13 AM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

My daughter turned 3 yesterday. We went to the Brewers game
Now that's a fine daughter!

I spent Saturday as a work day at a hunting camp that I belong to. We felled five or six trees, block cut them and piled all of the wood for splitting.

I drove my car up, as I always do; it's my only car. The guys always love seeing it back in the woods, down half a mile of rutted single lane dirt road. They've all got 4x4 pickups, and such. I'm quick to point out that the p-car is all wheel drive! I should take a pic some time of the car parked in with all of the pickups.

Sunday was a pretty lazy day.

I'm starting to make plans for a July 29&30th DE at Lime Rock
Old 06-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

Six friends came over and we framed my deck on Saturday. The weather was perfect. It rained all week but was clear and sunny on Sat. The framing is complete. The city inspector will come out Tuesday to inspect it. Assuming I pass, next weekend, we build the stairs and railings and then put down the decking itself. Saturday night, was quiet, I began watching the 24 Hours of Le Mans. I'm only about half way thru. Gotta love the DVRs, it makes it much more pleasurable. You can speed past the commercials and back up if you miss something. Did anyone else watch? I loved the Audi commercial, where an R8 drives thru Maranello Italy and a father has to cover his son's eyes. Its very funny.

Sunday was spent in Old Orchard Beach, Maine, visiting my girl friend's old college room mate. Its about a 2 hour drive each way. Unfortunately, it was cold and rainy all day. We'll have to go back when the weather is better. Sunday night was more Le Mans watching.

Tonight, I will be driving to my local FedEx depot to pick up my new Valentine One radar detector. I have three. My oldest (an original) had stopped working. I traded it in for a new one. The trade in saved me $100. Now, the new dilemma, do I put the newest one in the 964 cab or coupe? Hmmmm.....
Old 06-15-2009, 12:02 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rob, I'll settle the dispute and you just send me both Valentines!
Old 06-15-2009, 12:04 PM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket Rob
Now, the new dilemma, do I put the newest one in the 964 cab or coupe? Hmmmm.....
The coupe.

If I had both the cab would be for top down cruising. The coupe would be to scratch that itch!
Old 06-15-2009, 12:11 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I am back to work today afer my near death experience again from a blood clot a couple weeks ago. I liked it much better hanging around the house playin on the computer and sitting outside watchng the world go by.
I went to a PCA LeMans party saturday. It was at a tuners shop. Needless to say with the 95 degree temps in a metal garage I didnt hang out very long. I did stay long enough to eat a few ribs and down a couple of sasuages
Old 06-15-2009, 12:19 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For my weekend fun I decided to break good old fuel line number 26 while changing the fuel filter. Perfect spring weather and the car is disabled.

More bothersome is I was REALLY looing forward to attending the PCA tech inspection next Saturday and have a pro look over my car on a lift. I will not be going far without a fuel line.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:51 PM
meek
Burning Brakes

Spent Saturday changing all the screen washer non-return valves; well, all bar one, which doesn't appear on PET and will probably be the one that actually was knackered. Will see if it has fixed the overflowing to luggage compartment problem this week. Also re-faced and generally tidied up all my gauge faces. Slow and time consuming, but makes a real difference to the dash.

Two of my favourite words in this one thread: PIE and SAUSAGES. Truely onomatopoeic ( had to look that one up! ) Not only are they words that just sound great, they also bring on a warm, fuzzy, contented feeling. School lunches in the 1970's ( in Blighty...before we all got healthy ), Pie and chips.....mmmmm. Please note: if a so called pie is placed before you with puff pastry on top, it is nothing but an imposter. All true pies should be made with short crust pastry. Anything else is just a Continental ( well, French ) abomination and should be sneered at with the most contempt that one can muster at the time.

Right, need pie.... and ale... now there is another great word..
Old 06-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Also, Fred stopped by today. Thank you for the heater hose!!!! We talked cars and listen to sweet exhaust notes. (Sorry I had to run inside, I was a few minutes late for a work related call.)

Old 06-15-2009, 03:09 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jimq
I am back to work today afer my near death experience again from a blood clot a couple weeks ago. I liked it much better hanging around the house playin on the computer and sitting outside watchng the world go by.
That sir is very good news indeed! Welcome back to the working world.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:25 PM
Chimera
Rennlist Member

Autocrossing!

Doc
Attached Images  
Old 06-15-2009, 04:32 PM
crg53
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

ADAM, I fully agree with you on the Ale and Pie, nothing better; just a FYI, in North America, pie is more like desert, apple pie, blueberry pie, cherry pie, most commenly served with ice cream.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:25 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueHeeler
That sir is very good news indeed! Welcome back to the working world.
thanks!
Jaime you should have given Fred a few pieces to Powder coat while he was there

Quick Reply: Monday Morning- and a great weekend