Sponsored by:

HT plug leads ..how to fit

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 05:03 AM
scott 964
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HT plug leads ..how to fit

I have just parted with a very large wad of money for new plug leads for my car £322??? how can this be???

Any way i needed them so im the proud owner of a spangly new set of leads...which now need fitting.

Any suggestions/known web sites/literature/pictures on how said task would be achieved would be gratefully recieved
Old 05-16-2009, 06:17 AM
suezen
Intermediate

This one is available in the DYI section, https://rennlist.com/forums/964-1989...ug-cables.html
Old 05-16-2009, 08:01 AM
springer3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 16 Posts

I recently did mine, and the DIY is pretty good. The plugs on the left side are easy. On the right side, it requires removing parts of the intake system and the AC compressor - fairly daunting unless you have experience. You wind up with a lot of "while I am in here" extra tasks. For sure you will see the intake system needs cleaning.

Don't get into a rush, and you will do fine. Just remember the intake system needs to go back leak-free, so spend whatever time it takes to get the runners back into alignment before tightening the clamps. My car did not run one bit better when I was done - it was the coils that were sparking internally that gave me the Christmas Tree Effect. I suspect I could have run longer on the old wires, but I could not conceive of them being at 100% after 16 years.

Good luck with your's.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:39 AM
scott 964
Advanced

i suspect the coils also, but the leads are clearly past the sell by date...i can see the while i am here list getting longer...im already thinking of changing the plugs and coils

Quick Reply: HT plug leads ..how to fit