Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carrera 4 owners please take note

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 04:43 AM
rotorheadcase
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I've never had a days issue with the AWD system or PDAS for that matter, even during track days. None of the other C4 owners I know have experienced actual diff issues as you have described. It's a real shame that it's shaken your faith in the model.

Neil
Old 05-17-2009, 08:29 AM
klr10
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys, it's very reassuring to hear all your positive comments and I apologise if I've upset anyone it was maybe a bit of an over reaction. I would like to say that even after all this trouble, I still love my 964 Carrera 4 and when the car is working again I'm sure that with a little time I'll grow to trust it, and as always the memories will fade with time...

I'll keep you posted and try to be a little more positive
Old 05-26-2009, 02:05 PM
ian89C4
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new to the forum, but I saw this thread and had to toss my two cense in. I have an 89 C4 and also had some issues. The first of which was that my tracsion control light (the little one down by the low or high selector ****) was going off at every little bump and the front diff was always making a clicking noise. I took in to the shop and my mechanic, making an ediot out of me, pointed out that the frint tires were not the right size, being to small. After a slight embarassment, I changed the tires all around and the system worked fine. Like was said earlier, you may want to check the reciepts for tires if you have them. Just the sound leads me to believe that it could really mess up the system.
I also had to have my clutch replaiced two months ago at 76000 miles due to normal wear and tear. I DE the car it performs wonderfully, don't give up on it, they are great cars!!

Quick Reply: Carrera 4 owners please take note