Sponsored by:

groans and windnoise

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 11:05 PM
ginch
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 80 Posts
Default groans and windnoise

So lately I've noticed more and more groans and windnoise on my coupe. The wind noise is coming from the passenger side door where the front of the door frame meets the A piller. The groan is also coming from the passenger side door around where the tweeter area is. Its really not a rattle as it sounds more like two plastic sections rubbing together. I would like to know what kind of adjustments can be made to the door as well as the door window frame? I believe they are adjustable separate from each other. Has anyone been successful tracking down and solving such issues? Other than that the car is tight but the noises drive me crazy. Is there such a thing as a totally quiet (squeek, rattle and groan free) 964 or am I searching to fix something that most 16 year old 911 inhernetly have?

Thanks in advance!

Derek
Old 05-06-2009, 09:40 AM
ABQ Slim
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a thread for getting the door panel off:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=44660

And here's a thread that helped me locate an annoying sound in my driver's door:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=44660

Good luck!
Old 05-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Is there such a thing as a totally quiet (squeek, rattle and groan free) 964 or am I searching to fix something that most 16 year old 911 inhernetly have?
Yes, your car can be basically quiet, depending on the mods you've done.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Wikkid911
Remarkable
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try looking under the door for a black gromet that is supposed to be there. It looks like its split but does come supplied like that. If this piece is missing it can cause wind noise. For a tiny amount of money it may fix the issue before you go taking doors off or making adjustments!
Good luck!
Old 05-07-2009, 01:43 PM
mark lintott
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Take out the main door speaker and inside you'll see the fixings for the window track etc. There was a bolt and one other fixing loose on mine about 6 months ago producing an untraceable annoying rattle and buzzing noise from the door area. Easy to tighten everything up from there and amazing the difference it made.

Worth a try before you try seam welding the shell or anything like that...........!

Cheers

Quick Reply: groans and windnoise