Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Star at end of engine serial # and... rust?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 09:46 AM
nmlss2005
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes Cobalt precisely. See how the 92-94s have a longer final drive? To me that would defeat SOME of the advantage of getting a later MY... opinions?
As to the metal I was referring to, with rust on it, it was the body part between the fan and the bumper assembly, if you shall.
That became a moot point, sadly, because the nice seller (...) sold the car in mid-negotiations. To someone else. Very professional, I have to say.
There's another one, very nice, 64kmi... but there are NO maintenance records and the engine is 62 M 038xx , so it's a gasketless engine. Opinions?
Old 05-01-2009, 09:52 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,090 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Originally Posted by nmlss2005
Yes Cobalt precisely. See how the 92-94s have a longer final drive? To me that would defeat SOME of the advantage of getting a later MY... opinions?
As to the metal I was referring to, with rust on it, it was the body part between the fan and the bumper assembly, if you shall.
That became a moot point, sadly, because the nice seller (...) sold the car in mid-negotiations. To someone else. Very professional, I have to say.
There's another one, very nice, 64kmi... but there are NO maintenance records and the engine is 62 M 038xx , so it's a gasketless engine. Opinions?
That sucks I have had that happen to me before. Something I could never do to someone.

To be honest I don't think you will find much need for the 5th gear. I hardly use mine and even on the track there are only a few that you can get into 5th and that is only momentarily. Wouldn't make it a deciding factor.

Meanwhile you have learned alot and are ready when the next/better one comes along.

Quick Reply: Star at end of engine serial # and... rust?