Sponsored by:

What H&R Coilover is this?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 01:36 PM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What H&R Coilover is this?

Hi guys - happy to making my first post as a 911 owner. Deal came together last night for a '91 C2. It's a basketcase - needs lots of work - but it was appropriately priced and after 6 years with a 944S2 and a 951 before that - I'm comfortable diving in. Lots to learn of course - happy to be on the learning curve.

First up is making the thing even drivable, which means replacing a baffed H&R coilover.

Does anyone know what this strut is? Love to know a part # and source.

Thanks and happy to be joining the family. : )

RK
Attached Images  
Old 04-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Greg964
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.jkcracing.com/product_inf...oducts_id=7497

I believe it is the standard H&R coilover for the 964. You can buy them anywhere. If you google H&R coilover 964 a bunch of vendors will come up.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:56 PM
9six4
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the 964 forum. Did you get the car locally?
Old 04-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Greg964 - yup that looks bang on - thanks!

9Six4 - nope - had been brought in from the States by a 911 enthusiast who realized the car was more work than he wanted to take on - so he entrusted me to bring it back to life.

It's cosmetically excellent - looks fantastic - but has lots of niggling issues and will need extensive engine work too - but the price was right and I'm stoked to be fixing it up.

I'll get it out to a Toronto GTG as soon as I can.

RK
Old 04-07-2009, 01:33 AM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Just to get closure on the original question - is case this ends up in someone's search results.

I spoke with H&R USA today - got a part # for the ONE strut, and then had to order it through one of thier resellers, since they won't sell direct to the public. This is pretty standard for a parts distributor, so I wasn't surprised.

There is a specific part # for each "component" of a set - and while they seemed a bit reluctant - they do have part numbers for the constituant bits of the original kit, allowing cost effective replacement of baffed parts without buying the entire kit again. This is a helpful practice that leaves me with a warm and fuzzy feeling for H&R customer service. : )

Shox.com is shipping the strut for, hopefully, a Friday delivery, so I can get it in over the weekend.

The part was about $550 USD, plus shipping.

RK

Quick Reply: What H&R Coilover is this?