Cab Owners -- Folding the Boot cover correctly

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cab Owners -- Folding the Boot cover correctly

I rarely use my boot cover but last Friday was sunny and I knew the weekend would be nice so I decided to put it on.

Whenever I do this I always hate packing it away in its storage bag as it never feels like it is properly folded and I know it will be full of creases the next time it emerges.

Anyone have any thoughts on the best way to fold?
Old 03-29-2009, 10:21 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I just wad it up on the back seat
Old 03-29-2009, 10:29 PM
fat cab
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1
Old 03-30-2009, 10:30 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Khad- I do mine a bit more civil than the other two guys. I fold mine by laying it out on the ground. I fold the wings in first, then fold again over the wing part. It takes 2 folds, and both sides now meet in the middle, and then I fold it in half now. Fols to a rectangle about 10x14 or so. I store it in the boot then.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:40 AM
ABQ Slim
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I'm storing it in the boot, I fold it once, in the middle, so the outside (facing the sky) portions are touching each other. Then the bulky parts go down in the lower section (by the spare tire), while the single fold lays towards the top (fuse box area). I've found this to be the least creasing way.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

No one uses the storage bag?

I just wish there was a foolproof way to keep it in the bag without too much creasing. Maybe I'm OCD...it's what comes of being from a home where all the underwear got ironed!!!

Geoff, your method seems the closest to what I was trying to do. I'll get it out and try that. Is your Mum an underwear ironer?
Old 03-30-2009, 11:55 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I never get creases just leaving it laying in the back seat. Of course the top is down on the car 80% of the time year round so it usually is over the top anyways.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:05 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Originally Posted by Kahdmus
No one uses the storage bag?

I just wish there was a foolproof way to keep it in the bag without too much creasing. Maybe I'm OCD...it's what comes of being from a home where all the underwear got ironed!!!

Geoff, your method seems the closest to what I was trying to do. I'll get it out and try that. Is your Mum an underwear ironer?

nope- she wasn't and neither am I. And I don't get creases in mine either. I don't have the bag; I just lay in in the boot tucked in the corner.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

I use the boot every day for kids backpacks that have been dragged all over the place. I also need the backseat, therefore I deem use of the storage bag necessary (...plus I kind of like it. )

Obviously laid out on the back seat one would not expect the cover to get creased (searches for :slapshead: icon)...hanging it in the wardrobe would also keep it crease free as would renting storage space specially for it and paying gnomes to visit weekly and brush it with ostrich feathers.

I just wondered if anyone had a method of folding into the bag that kept it nice. Its no real issue as I rarely use it, just thought I'd ask......

Thanks chaps.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:41 PM
993PET
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm looking for a OEM boot storage bag if anyone has one lying around they want sell.

JF

Quick Reply: Cab Owners -- Folding the Boot cover correctly