Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIN sticker US vs Europe detail question?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 01:11 PM
Henrik964
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
Default VIN sticker US vs Europe detail question?

I have noticed there is always a vin sticker under the bonnet in the front on all cars. I wonder, do both US and Euro cars have the sticker on the inside of the right front fender? I've seen US cars have the sticker on the left b.post as well. But is this instead of the one the right fender?
Is this just mandatory for the euro cars with the fender
sticker?
Old 02-27-2009, 07:18 AM
meek
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know my UK car only has the bonnet options sticker and another small barcode/vin sticker on the passenger ( RHD car ) side. US cars seem to have more labels and plaques.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:53 AM
breale01
Racer

There is a new reference book in print by Adrian Streather, which is a code-breaking type of guide for the 964, 993 and 996. It seems to provide all sorts of discussion about stickers, placards, their locations and what all the numbers mean.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:36 AM
Henrik964
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

The code breaking I got. This is just the knowledge about where the stickers are. meek, agree with You that US cars seem to have more labels. Your label is barcode/vin sticker on the passenger ( RHD car ) side. Is that on the bo post or on the inside of the right front fender?
Old 02-27-2009, 09:55 AM
meek
Burning Brakes

Felix, the barcode sticker is on the B post, just below the door catch. It is kind of just slapped on there and a bit wonky. In the front compartment, on the inner wings, I have a gold foil paint colour code sticker ( right side looking into the boot ) and two or three silver stickers on the left; light beam refs..or something like that. No other barcode/VIN stickers anywhere else. The VIN number is stamped into the metal of the bonnet by the courtesey light ( good check to tell if the bonnet/hood is original ); not sure if that is the same for non-UK cars.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:15 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,092 Likes on 1,256 Posts

All the body's have the vin number stamped just above the spare tire. US cars have the white sticker that has the vin number and all option codes paint color etc on the underside of the front hood. Paint code on US cars is on the right side above the battery when looking into the storage compartment. On US cars we have a bar code sticker on the inside of the drivers side door and 1994 MY cars have the vin number on stickers on most all body panels and parts.

Here are some examples
Attached Images          

Quick Reply: VIN sticker US vs Europe detail question?