Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RSA questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Trader220
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

You can do this but only on the RSA's which have the seam welded bodies, those with the crinkle finsh will sometimes work too. The other issue is any RSA you try this on should be one with the blue printed motors which were specially pulled from the line and has "RSA" chalked on the case halves.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:17 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by elbeee964
(worst case of paint swirls I've ever seen...)
It's the infamous "crinkle finish" that makes it a real RSA.

Originally Posted by cobalt
What's this windows part way up? So how is it on the track? been waiting to hear how you like it as a track car. I know it is no GT3 but lots of fun huh?
Windows - local track rules (don't ask).

Experience - simply awesome. Mondello is a slow, rather technical course with top speeds in the 100 mph area. In comparison to the GT3, the RS is very neutral around the corner without the pronounced understeer that I am used to. Drove fairly slow at first, getting used to my new wheels (=car). Handling is simply superb, with moderate understeer, transitioning to oversteer as you accelerate out of the corners. This car is soooo much fun - much lighter than the GT3 and you feel so much more connected to what's going on. The car is so predictable - best (and easiest) car I have ever had on the track - ever! I might actually learn how to drive now. Will post pictures in a seperate thread once i have them.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:20 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
It's the infamous "crinkle finish" that makes it a real RSA.

Windows - local track rules (don't ask).

Experience - simply awesome. Mondello is a slow, rather technical course with top speeds in the 100 mph area. In comparison to the GT3, the RS is very neutral around the corner without the pronounced understeer that I am used to. Drove fairly slow at first, getting used to my new wheels (=car). Handling is simply superb, with moderate understeer, transitioning to oversteer as you accelerate out of the corners. This car is soooo much fun - much lighter than the GT3 and you feel so much more connected to what's going on. The car is so predictable - best (and easiest) car I have ever had on the track - ever! I might actually learn how to drive now. Will post pictures in a seperate thread once i have them.
Glad to hear it. I didn't want your better half to hate me for suggesting you buy one. These cars are a blast to drive and when you get it right it is like time stands still. Hopefully I will see it one day maybe at a track nearby.

Quick Reply: RSA questions